HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2005, 12:49 AM
Joined Nov 2005
13 Posts
Help!
What Kind Of Electric Plane Should I Buy ?? Help!!!

HI EVERYONE I HAVE FLOWN SOME ELECTRIC PLANES WITH 2 PROPELLERS ON THE BACK 1 PROPELLER STOPS WHILE OTHER STAYS IN THE MOTION TO TURN THE PLANE BUT SINCE ITS TOO WINDY OUTSIDE I WANT TO BUY SOME PLANE WHICH I CAN FLY IN 10 TO 15 MPH WILL THIS PLANE FLY IN 10 TO 15 MPH 3CH Radio Remote Control Electric RC Plane-Air J3 Grasshopper RTF 3CH Radio Remote Control Electric RC Plane-Air J3 Grasshopper RTF OR SUGGEST ME SOME OTHER PLANE PLEASE I WILL APPRECIATE UR RESPONSE THANX A LOT ?
zohaibim is offline Find More Posts by zohaibim
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2005, 02:01 AM
Allen, Texas
Joined Sep 2004
189 Posts
Planes like the one you describe are a little too simplified to really teach you about rc flight. Thrust differential will allow you to steer a plane, but moveable control surfaces will give you more flexiblility when you don't have one of those "perfect" calm days. It sounds like you got the rc flying bug and are ready to take the next step. The planes you mention above, most of us would consider in the "toy" class of planes. (No offense intended) If I were you I'd save my money a bit longer and get an Easy Star, or similar EPP (foam) trainer.
http://www.multiplexusa.com/product_fs.htm

You'll get a lot of mileage out of that plane. It comes with everything you need to get started, it flies nice, and can take a beating as well.
I'm sure others here will have more suggestions, but this is what I would do if I had to start all over again.

Happy landings!
Mike
Mike McCormick is offline Find More Posts by Mike McCormick