Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 16, 2005, 09:53 AM
Joined Nov 2005
13 Posts
Help!
what kind of radio should i buy for cessna gas plane HELP!

hi everyone , i m a begginer i have flown some electric planes before but never flew a gas plane would u plz tell me what kind of radio transmitter should i buy futaba ,jr or what ? for Cessna Skylane182 Nitro Gas Radio Control RC Plane -- ARF ? ur response will be appreciate
zohaibim is offline Find More Posts by zohaibim
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2005, 10:18 AM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,340 Posts
Which brand and what size Cessna 182?

Do you really mean gas or glow. You mention nitro - we don't use nitro engines - those are glow engines. Nitro stands for nitromethane which is a glow fuel additive and it is not absolutely required - you can use glow fuel with 0% nitromethane (most flyers in Europe do), so it wouldn't be correct to use the term "nitro". Glow engines use glow plugs which help the fuel self ignite.

Gas engines refers to engines which use gasoline for fuel (called petrol in some countries and benzin in others - click here to see a list of fuel names in different countries) - the same fuel we use for the majority of our cars. Gas engines use spark ignition and spark plugs.

You should choose your radio depending on the requirements of the plane(s) you want to fly with it. As for the brand - it's up to your personal preference - they are all of high quality. Some brands have wider range (features and price) of radios than others. First you need to figure out how many channels and what features you need from your radio, then look for different radios that meet or exceed the requirements and choose the one that best fits you - ease of programming, the way it feels and looks, price and availability.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2005, 10:38 AM
Joined Nov 2005
13 Posts
thnx for ur resonse i m in us Gasoline

"Gas" and it doesn't matter just tell me what kind of 4 channels radio transmitter should i buy for 4 channels plane futaba ,jr or what ? and give me link for that website or just tell me the brand name and model thanx a lot
zohaibim is offline Find More Posts by zohaibim
Old Nov 16, 2005, 10:46 AM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
1,995 Posts
People have different brand preferences. 3 people will tell you 3 different brands. JR is what I use, because I have had very good service and I like the features. but there is nothing wrong with Futuba or Airtronics or HiTec. Of as much or more importance is the size of the plane you are thinking of and the servos you'll need. Most radios come with "standard" servos that will work in 40 - 60 sized sport planes. 1/4 scale or larger may require more power servos.
In general, buy the most radio you can afford. 6 channel if possible. That gives you more options in the future.

Go to horizonhobby.com and find the JR link. For Futuba, go to towerhobby.com. I'm not sure but I think either of them also sell HiTec and Airtronics.
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:02 AM
United States, MI, Chelsea
Joined Aug 2005
679 Posts
You may also want to check out a website called www.servocity.com. They allow you to set up the package you want to buy. Like a 6 channel radio by itself or you can order it with up to 5 or 6 servos if you like. They also seem to have good prices.
stafphoto is offline Find More Posts by stafphoto
Old Nov 16, 2005, 01:35 PM
-_-
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Sep 2005
828 Posts
buy the best radio you can aford.
as you move into more complex set ups
i:e flaps/mixing/model memory.that way you will not out grow it
E-MO is offline Find More Posts by E-MO
Old Nov 16, 2005, 02:02 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Buy a good radio now and you won't have to upgrade later. Since you are wanting a "GAS" powered plane, I guess you have the money to get what you need. The Futaba 9C Supers are nice. I have one myself and is more of a radio than I need. JR 9303 is another good radio, I would love to have one but all my RX's were Futaba so I ended up getting the 9C.

-Tomi
tomi is offline Find More Posts by tomi
Old Nov 16, 2005, 02:29 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,340 Posts
I'd recommend that you fly at least one glow powered plane before moving to gas powered planes.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2005, 03:36 PM
Twist n' Shout!
Joined Nov 2004
1,484 Posts
what kind of transmitter did you have with your electrics?
Matt Dziubinski is offline Find More Posts by Matt Dziubinski
Old Nov 16, 2005, 04:51 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
i hope you know that the everday fuel planes are Glow Powered planes and not gas. I never heard of any beginner starting off with GAS powered planes. $$$$$
tomi is offline Find More Posts by tomi