Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 26, 2002, 12:35 PM
RC Crash Dummy
Grass Valley, CA
Joined Jan 2002
117 Posts
Corona Sub Rotor Balancing ???

Ok...I keep staring at the sub rotor rotating around in circles doesn't seem to be any pattern to where it stops. The crutch is on its side like the directions say...Any ideas?? How important is the sub rotor balancing?

Note for other builders...I also stripped several screws trying to get the rotor on to the main shaft. The cutout in the shaft was not big enough and I didn't realize it initially. Any good sources for replacement screws other than Lite Machines???
johnitahoe is offline Find More Posts by johnitahoe
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2002, 03:48 PM
New Boston, MI 48164
Joined Mar 2002
179 Posts
They are the standard 4-40 3/4" hex head screws, any hobby shop should carry them,

ALso LiteMachines Shipped several Shafts that Had the Rotor cut-out located too far below the top of the shaft causing the shaft to bottow out before the hole can line up with the cut-out - 2 ways to fix this 1) call them and they will ship you a replacement ow 2) using a appropriate sized drill bit, remove just enough material from the inside of the rotor mounting hole to allow the shaft to slide farther inside the rotor thus allowing the cut-out to line up properly
Royal is offline Find More Posts by Royal
Old May 26, 2002, 06:42 PM
zaf
Sydney, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
195 Posts
I have had three of these shafts, where the cut out did not line up. I had to take a little bit from the end of the shaft, so it would slide in further into the rotor hub. Also the plastic rotor hub is very weak, and when the screw is through the hub, it will usually expand the hole, causing the hub to turn freely about 45 degrees aroung the shaft, before it catches the cut out. Is there anyone making an aluminium rotor hub?

Andrew Zaf.
www.modelcopter.com
zaf is offline Find More Posts by zaf