SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by new flyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 01:05 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,897 Posts
brick-where the name came from

you'r welcome.
and as far as i remember, the name came when a radio equipment manufacturer decided to assemble their receiver and 2 servos in a plastic case that happened to be red, and as it looked like a brick, people began to call it so.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:44 PM
Transplant in 1996
United States, NE, Scribner
Joined Aug 2011
195 Posts
Airtronics servo info

I have 6 94102 servo's(all work great), but 2 do not have the little rubber bumpers(where screw goes). I don't know what to call them when I make a search(ebay, tower hobbies, or sig). Please someone tell me what to look for!
Transplant92 is offline Find More Posts by Transplant92
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,897 Posts
grommets?

i think you are talking about sort of rubber pieces that look like donuts, right?
if so, they are called grommets, and can be found in many places, not necessarily model airplanes issue, but hardware-and way cheaper there.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jan 03, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:16 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
..or Grommets in the UK

See this post for servo 'bits': http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1521535

(I'm not advocating that particular vendor, it was just the first post I found)
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
Old Jan 09, 2012, 01:59 PM
Best Buddy
Polska, dolnośląskie, Bogatynia
Joined Aug 2009
61 Posts
Hello guys,
I had improve my site by adding wikipedia function . http://wiki.rc-buddy.com
What do you think about this invention? Sometime when I'm trying to find some shorts eg. PTZ, I can't find it . Google have so many results, which aren't connected with our hobby.

Best Regards,
Mateusz
matkas is offline Find More Posts by matkas
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Hot Threat very hot xD
Maombi is offline Find More Posts by Maombi
Old Feb 08, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Jul 2011
252 Posts
helps for quick learn this section
LightLake is offline Find More Posts by LightLake
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
20 Posts
big help

So much great info! Thanks!!!
70cobragal is offline Find More Posts by 70cobragal
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:55 AM
India, DL, New Delhi
Joined Apr 2012
5 Posts
Hey can you tell me what specification corresponds to the range of a helicopter or quadcopter? I want to buy a quadcopter with atleast 2 miles of range, what should be the specifications of transmitter and reciever??
Vee727 is offline Find More Posts by Vee727
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:57 PM
Shenzhen, China
Joined Jul 2005
24 Posts
For quadcopter, maybe we can help ?
6Ch Quadcopter/ Four-Roter Flyer T580
huayuhobby is offline Find More Posts by huayuhobby
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2012
13 Posts
I think this is very useful for beginner. I think it is a thread needed reading.
JacobGreen is offline Find More Posts by JacobGreen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:31 AM
diyman
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
i have been haveing alot of trouble with esc and motors not running as they should mostly when i bench test the power system the motor just jerks back and fourth and makes a growling sound after a few seconds it will lose power till i throttle down and then it starts over im to the point of going back to nitro help if u can
diyman is offline Find More Posts by diyman
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,897 Posts
a better place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyman View Post
i have been haveing alot of trouble with esc and motors not running as they should mostly when i bench test the power system the motor just jerks back and fourth and makes a growling sound after a few seconds it will lose power till i throttle down and then it starts over im to the point of going back to nitro help if u can
i think you may get more help if you place this post on the open of the forum than here. this was intended just for the dictionary. or at power systems, radios, whatever. it seems to be some kind of problem related to the radio.
but above all, don't give up. many things have happened to us when getting started, and electrics is not the exception. good luck.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:14 PM
Fly it or Fix it
Greenville, NC USA
Joined Sep 2009
45 Posts
Beeping Question

I have little experience with electric power systems. I have little experience with gas or nitro also. Here's my problem. I am upgrading the ESC in my Minimoa Glider from a 20 Amp (2*10A) to a 25 Amp. When I connect the leads to the reciever and battery the Reciever continously Beeps, and the Motor twiches. Itried reversing the Throttle lead on the reciever and then switching 2 of the motor wires. Nothing helps. What am I doing wrong and what to all the beeps mean?

Thanks,
Don
gaffrig is offline Find More Posts by gaffrig
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:59 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffrig View Post
I have little experience with electric power systems. I have little experience with gas or nitro also. Here's my problem. I am upgrading the ESC in my Minimoa Glider from a 20 Amp (2*10A) to a 25 Amp. When I connect the leads to the reciever and battery the Reciever continously Beeps, and the Motor twiches. Itried reversing the Throttle lead on the reciever and then switching 2 of the motor wires. Nothing helps. What am I doing wrong and what to all the beeps mean?

Thanks,
Don
It sounds like your motor is not arming because the throttle is not fully down ( off ) . That's a safety feature built into ESC's so the motor ( and PROPELLER! ) don't start up when you plug the battery in if your throttle stick is not fully in the down ( off ) position .
First , put the throttle lead on correctly . There should be a little diagram on your receiver showing you which pin is ground ( - ) , positive ( + ) and signal . Usually the darkest ( black or brown ) wire on the throttle lead is ground . Second , turn on your transmitter , make sure the throttle is all the way down ( off ) and the throttle trim is all the way down , and then plug your ESC into the battery .
If that doesn't work , you might need to calibrate your throttle range . To do that , turn on your transmitter , move your throttle stick all the way UP ( full throttle ) , then plug in your battery . You should hear some beeps , as soon as they stop , quickly move the throttle stick all the down .
balsa or carbon is offline Find More Posts by balsa or carbon