HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2002, 10:10 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
What did YOU fly today?

I peeked outside at 7:30 this morning and it was dead calm! 2 days in a row! Not one to miss an opportunity like that, I loaded up and drove out to the field. In E Zone tradition, I decided to try my hand at photographing my planes in flight. Sounds a lot easier than it is!! So here's my morning full-o-fun:

1st up, the venerable Tiger Moth. No problems with pics here, set it on cruise control and snap it as it's cruising by. This gives you an idea of my nice wide open field where I fly that unfortunately is slowly being taken over by new houses

Flight was 32 minutes with power to spare. Finally brought it down because I was itching to fly something else!
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2002, 10:19 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
A little better shot of the TM, still a little far away but I couldn't seem to do any better. Can you see Snoopy's scarf flapping in the breeze?
Old May 26, 2002, 10:21 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
My fan-powered Pop-Fly spots a bogie and decided to pursue

Since I'm flying the Rake now and it suits my need for aerobatics, I tried the Pop-Fly out as a thermal chaser. It worked great!! Sails wonderfully on the morning thermals. Flight time was 23 minutes.
Old May 26, 2002, 10:22 AM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Hi Tres, great pic! We have those same dang houses sprouting up all over around here too. They're like weeds.

Two days in a row for me too. First calm days in almost three weeks.

Today flew the Tigermoth for two flights, noticed soccer guys pulling up so snuck in one quick Switchback flight before relinquishing the field to it's rightful users. Ah, it was getting breezy anyway.

BC
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old May 26, 2002, 10:23 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Oops! Here's the pic.
Old May 26, 2002, 10:27 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
The Rake was by far the hardest to get a pic of. It flies fast, is really small, and is a handful to fly. Take your hands off the sticks and it'll do something hairy in short order! So, this is the best I could do without risking an unplanned landing

I flew 3 packs through it, about 13 minutes a flight. Down from my usual 15-16, probably because I was horsing around a lot more.
Old May 26, 2002, 10:29 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Tres,
I got in three flights on my Ryan STA . Astro cobalt 05, 2-1 belt drive, 10 cp2400. Not exactly a park flyer and real hard to take a pic while doing a 50mph fly by
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old May 26, 2002, 10:30 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
OK, last pic. Here they are, all queued up and ready to fly! They're all powered by Qualcomms by the way. I'm going to order another set of QCs from Mark, with 3 planes flying on QCs, I go through 5 packs in -only- about 2 hours of flying I'm charging back up now, hopefully I can fly again this evening
Old May 26, 2002, 10:37 AM
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
Joined Oct 2001
3,501 Posts
Here's what I flew today... Check out the jet forum for more detail.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...190#post344190
KSU Flyer is offline Find More Posts by KSU Flyer
Old May 26, 2002, 11:01 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Hey BC!

==Today flew the Tigermoth for two flights, noticed soccer guys pulling up so snuck in one quick Switchback flight before relinquishing the field to it's rightful users.==

Between houses and soccer fields, OUR fields are getting occupied at an alarming rate! I say we strike back! We all need to go out, but more planes, and fly twice as often! YES!

pmpjohn-
==Not exactly a park flyer and real hard to take a pic while doing a 50mph fly ==

Nice looking plane! Sounds like quite a screamer too! I know what you mean about the pic, I have a 600 Razor that would be piled into the ground before I could even get the camera up to my face

Mike-
Cool little jet! I'm impressed you got something to fly well on the GWS fan. I really like the fan unit on my PF, it looks cool and sounds neat, but it's not much on performance. A little better than a DD "A" motor on 3x2 prop.
Old May 26, 2002, 11:23 AM
San Antonio, Texas USA
Joined Feb 2001
1,108 Posts
Tres,, Nice pics,,,wait for me, I just loaded my rig, I'm on my way!!!!
cruzomatic is offline Find More Posts by cruzomatic
Old May 26, 2002, 11:41 AM
Hillegom, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2001
564 Posts
He Gang,
Here's my LiteGlider I wanted to fly all day...! Now the wind finally has gone and I'll be too (in a minute..!)
HB

Love to see that great Mig 15 again. Congrats on your flights man.
Harm Botman is offline Find More Posts by Harm Botman
Old May 26, 2002, 01:52 PM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
pmpjohn, is that the Sig kit? Did you modify it from stock at all or just electrify it?
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old May 26, 2002, 02:43 PM
R/C Enthusiast
Craley, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2001
1,090 Posts
It was calm this morning so I decided to take my Zero to the park. I finally got it trimmed out and was anxious for a flight. The weather was overcast and foggy, but I decided to fly anyway. I started with the Zero from the ball diamond infield. A perfect ROG takeoff and climb out. A few rolls and loops later I was thinking about setting up for a landing. Just then I lost orientation and drilled the Zero straight into the ground.

I managed to get the Zero fixed up just awhile ago, but I'm not sure it will fly the same. The damage was pretty severe. I'm hoping for calm weather tomorrow. I'll try it again.
sgil2001 is offline Find More Posts by sgil2001
Old May 26, 2002, 02:46 PM
Joined Mar 2002
631 Posts
i flew my pico stik cub version..

this morning and it was wonderful;

i made my first successful pass around my meadow thanks to tres's advice;

wish i had some pictures, but in the meantime i will enjoys the ezone's like tres's;

jeff
burgan is offline Find More Posts by burgan