HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2005, 03:39 AM
In EPP I Trust...
Issaquah, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
223 Posts
Need part # for Hitec Flash 5 replacement trainer switch

Does anyone know what the part # is for the Hitect Flash 5 trainer switch? I'm going to be placing an order with Mouser.com for some components to make a switchcraft charging plug for my next project, so if someone can tell me the Mouser product #, I can order it at the same time.

I was recently out flying my bungee launched 1-meter sloper when my daughter accidentally stumbled over my Hitec Flash 5 TX (which I had foolishly set on the ground while retrieving the sloper from some tall grass). My daughter stepped on the trainer jack switch (2nd from the left along the top of the TX) and completely bent it to the side.

The switch looks pretty bad and now it flops around in its housing (but it doesn't seem to have any other mechanical or electrical problems). Still, I'd prefer replacing it with a new trainer switch just to play things safe.
Armchair Bronco is offline Find More Posts by Armchair Bronco
Last edited by Armchair Bronco; Nov 15, 2005 at 10:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2005, 01:55 AM
In EPP I Trust...
Issaquah, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
223 Posts
Bumping up. Any ideas?
Armchair Bronco is offline Find More Posts by Armchair Bronco
Old Nov 17, 2005, 08:50 AM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,340 Posts
I'm not sure whether mouser will carry such a thing as a spring loaded switch as it's quite uncommon. You can either desolder one of the wires and insulate it thus disabling the switch or call Hitec USA (858-748-8440) and get the switch from them.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2005, 09:48 AM
Joined Mar 2004
5,237 Posts
You want a "momentary contact toggle switch". They come in all sorts of sizes. Alco is one brand that mouser sells but you'll have to check the dimensions. I think the idea of getting the replacement from Hitec is the best idea.

BTW - RatShack sells the parts to make that switchjack - might save you some shipping.
rutat is offline Find More Posts by rutat