HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by bushpilotx1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:28 AM
Micro Flyer "Q"
United States, MD, Silver Spring
Joined Sep 2003
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Fury Pilot View Post
I was recently requested by a well known Hobby Shop to send them copies of the face of my driver's licence and the face of my credit card by email before processing my order.

Has anyone heard of this before. I refused to send them and bought from another source.
I have, and I will not comply with their "terms" as this is the easiest way of getting ripped off.

Before you know it, charges for all kinds of things begin to appear on your card; from places you never knew existed.
qban_flyer is offline Find More Posts by qban_flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
mark
famousfly is offline Find More Posts by famousfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:27 AM View Post
famousfly
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 08:22 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Linden
Joined Aug 2013
302 Posts
MAIL FRAUD Plus Others https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/
John_G is offline Find More Posts by John_G
Old Sep 13, 2013, 08:24 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Linden
Joined Aug 2013
302 Posts
http://forms.cybersource.com/forms/fraudreport2013
John_G is offline Find More Posts by John_G
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:27 AM
United States, TN, Loudon
Joined Nov 2008
5 Posts
Has anyone ordered from "Sunny Side Hobby" in China? They have some excellent prices but only accepts payments in cash from Western Union. Any suggestions?
ddavis60 is offline Find More Posts by ddavis60
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:30 AM
▲▼▲▼≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣ ≣≣≣≣≣ ▼▲▼▲
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2010
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis60 View Post
Has anyone ordered from "Sunny Side Hobby" in China? They have some excellent prices but only accepts payments in cash from Western Union. Any suggestions?

Fraud Alert when you hear Western Union as the only method of payment from an offshore business. Just my 2 cents to a fellow hobbyist.
IndiaHobby is online now Find More Posts by IndiaHobby
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:35 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
Joined Sep 2003
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis60 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaHobby View Post
Fraud Alert when you hear Western Union as the only method of payment from an offshore business. Just my 2 cents to a fellow hobbyist.
AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I have never dealt with them, but chances are you will not get your merchandise, and will never see your money again. If an overseas outfit will not take/use PayPal, I will not do business with them.

Burned once, shame on them. I will not get burned again by any overseas outfit.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 08:14 PM
Resistance is futile
United States, FL, Wildwood
Joined Jul 2005
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Fury Pilot View Post
I was recently requested by a well known Hobby Shop to send them copies of the face of my driver's licence and the face of my credit card by email before processing my order.

Has anyone heard of this before. I refused to send them and bought from another source.
Any time you are asked to send a copy of your ID or credit card, is certainly a red flag warning. You did the right thing by refusing to send. NO REPUTABLE business would ever consider asking for this. This is why there are SECURE CHECKOUT pages for online businesses. E-Mail is NOT, NOT, NOT secure.
I would go as far as reporting this business to the FTC and the BBB. Wouldn't hurt to contact the corporate headquarters for the company and let them know what happened too.
circuitfxr is offline Find More Posts by circuitfxr
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2013, 07:05 AM
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Oct 2004
2 Posts
china ripoff

ordered product from baiduplaza.com sent money, no product, no email response. red
coralcape is offline Find More Posts by coralcape
Old Dec 04, 2013, 04:28 PM
FLY.CRASH?REBUILD.FLY.AGA IN!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2013
8 Posts
new to this forum is it safe to buy

Hi all i just joined rc groups to buy some stuff from the classifieds now i see this thread i wanted to know if its safe to buy and is there a way to check the seller and how would i know if they take my money and never sends me the item this question needs to be in a thread of its own if how to buy and sell can some please post it im new here and still learning thanks alot
eagleyez is offline Find More Posts by eagleyez
Old Dec 04, 2013, 05:55 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
Joined Sep 2003
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleyez View Post
Hi all i just joined rc groups to buy some stuff from the classifieds now i see this thread i wanted to know if its safe to buy and is there a way to check the seller and how would i know if they take my money and never sends me the item this question needs to be in a thread of its own if how to buy and sell can some please post it im new here and still learning thanks alot
Buy from a reputable seller if buying new stuff. Pay via PayPal if at all possible as it protects you from scammers and fly by night outfits. Avoid those outfits who ask for money orders up front, especially those from overseas.

If buying used stuff here use PayPal too. You can check the seller's record of satisfaction by clicking on the number immediately behind the "Trader Rating" on the sale page. It will take you to all his/her transactions and what those involved with the individual have said about their experiences. Only pay with USPS money orders if you are so inclined, and feel you can trust the individual, though as far as I am concerned, PayPal is the fastest and most secure way to conduct all transactions.
Old Dec 04, 2013, 10:13 PM
FLY.CRASH?REBUILD.FLY.AGA IN!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2013
8 Posts
Thanks alot for that info
eagleyez is offline Find More Posts by eagleyez
Old Dec 04, 2013, 11:37 PM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
1,015 Posts
Amazon Prime Air Parody (2 min 4 sec)
Johnnymeg is online now Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Johnnymeg; Dec 06, 2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2013, 04:53 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
199 Posts
Hi from RCbobcat55 I would be real wary of anyone who requests a copy of your photo id-hackers just love it. Also, watch what you post on Facebook-I see idiots posting phone numbers,birth dates and other personal info while bragging about some senseless accomplishment. I had a person recently create an account with a smut site using my birthdate,driver's license number, And my cat's name-figure that one out. to say the least my wife wasn't amused at all. Only give out the minimum info and if a business needs that type of ID they don't need your business-be ware, just my 2 cents worth Bob M...
rcbobcat55 is offline Find More Posts by rcbobcat55