SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 11, 2005, 07:02 PM
Squamish, BC
Joined Nov 2005
5 Posts
SZD-9 bis Bocian 1E plans

I am considering these plans for my next project.

http://www.kionapublishing.com/catal...roducts_id=107

Has anyone had experience with or have seen these plans? The photo at the site is very poor.
Rick James is offline Find More Posts by Rick James
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2005, 07:25 PM
Joined Dec 2004
55 Posts
Hi Rick,

Look at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154749

It has all you're looking for I think.

Dirk
DirkSchipper is offline Find More Posts by DirkSchipper
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:23 PM
Carrollton. GA
Joined Nov 2004
177 Posts
Bocian

Hi Rick ---

You have pick the most challenging model that You have think of it ,,,, but
the model it self is not too deficult to build . I have plans of 3 meter and 6 meter vesion and have good pick's to have finale paint . The BOCIAN is one of the heaviest sailplanes and that can do anything You want, so the model can fly thermals and slope too with no problems . I have seen pilot of that nice model INSTALLED a Brick as weight ( model was a 4.5 m wingspane ) and was flying on slope as butterfly. Ps. more info on PS.

Mirek
Mirek J. is offline Find More Posts by Mirek J.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 11:54 PM
Vintage wood is the best!
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,841 Posts
Mirek,
Where did you find a set of 1/3rd scale plans? I'm in the market for a set.....Thanks!

Tom
SZD16 is offline Find More Posts by SZD16
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:06 PM
Carrollton. GA
Joined Nov 2004
177 Posts
Bocian

Hi Tom ---

long -long time ago I have sand You e-mail asking You for the plans of GIL and I was willing to exchange with You plans of Polish sailplane models .
You have never answare my e-mail . The 6m Bocian is a enlarged plan of 3m model .

Mirek J.
Mirek J. is offline Find More Posts by Mirek J.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 08:00 PM
Vintage wood is the best!
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,841 Posts
Are you sure........I found the email from 1/1/05 and it had a note that I replied but I didn't save the reply. I remember replying and it was something to the effect that the Gil drawings that I did are not correct...and are not very detailed.......I had to do exstensive reworking of the fuse pod after it was built because I aquired more photo's and documentation that showed that my original drawing that was done from the 3 - view was wrong.....ie: the 3-view is wrong. Both the front and rear of the pod have been reworked along with the tail end of the boom.... it's added alot of time to the build to rework all of it and it's still not exactly right. I wouldn't want anyone to try and use the drawings for that reason..... As far as the Bocain goes I have a copy of the original factory drawings that I'm going to use to build from but was looking to see what else was out there to see how others have designed thier models. That and if there is a set of 1/3rd scale drawings it would save me the time of drawing the new ones!
SZD16 is offline Find More Posts by SZD16
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:36 PM
Squamish, BC
Joined Nov 2005
5 Posts
Thanks to all for the info. Especially to DirkSchipper for the link.
Rick James is offline Find More Posts by Rick James