Old Nov 08, 2005, 10:25 PM
Hello Moto
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Mar 2005
605 Posts
Micro AP cam from heli-hobby

Heres the link:
http://www.helihobby.com/html/micro_video_camera.html

Iv never tried RC AP but want to get into it. Have a Flash 5 TX so it can handle it and I have an RX that can handle it.

This deal is the best iv seen soo far. Real time reciever base unit and colour transmission, at 2.4GHz transmission. At first I was thinking, drea on, it'll be WAY to expensive, but its only $100US which from my limited knowledge in the field seem exellent.

I was wondering for some advice/comments on this camera? Is it trusty or is it fualty. And I was also wondering if it can take still life pics? Dousn't say it can, well actually never mentioned...

Finally any tips about the sport in general would be good. I plan to hook the camera up to my Old Canterbury Sailplanes Eraser and make it a drone...

Also, if anyones aware of a better deal than this, please do share, Im always on he lookout for bargins so any info of this would be greatly apprieciated!

Cheers, and thanks in advance,
Nick
lockheed martin is offline Find More Posts by lockheed martin
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2005, 12:22 AM
It's been a while.
Irvine, CA
Joined Jan 2005
2,690 Posts
Check this one out: http://microwireless.net
I'm waiting till my birthday to try it, but their test videos look good and "Flyin Hawaiian" has the set and told me it works fine.
Daniel G is offline Find More Posts by Daniel G
Old Nov 09, 2005, 02:18 AM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2004
1,917 Posts
Both of those look fun, and kinda similar! I like how the helihobby system plugs right in to your receivers power supply.

Either way, alot cheaper than the BW system. It says it has a CCD camera at the bottom, but in the helihobby writeup it says CMOS. CCD is great, CMOS is ebay. For $100, I bet it's CMOS. 24megs is way too much for me to download on dialup, what do the videos look like?
Wufnu is offline Find More Posts by Wufnu
Old Nov 09, 2005, 02:52 AM
Hello Moto
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Mar 2005
605 Posts
There is a video attatchment of the camera from heli hobby at the bottom of the page.

Havnt checked out your link yet danial, am going to do it now....

BTW, what is the diference between CCD and CMOS?

nick
Old Nov 09, 2005, 06:05 AM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
Joined Apr 2004
1,917 Posts
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question362.htm

I found the 3meg file they had at the upper part of the page, quality looks good for $100. Definitely CMOS.

Here's a video taken in a GWS Tigermoth using a Blackwidow 50mw tx system, unsure which camera he used but is definitely CCD. I say that because he owns Blackwidow AV, and he only sells CCD
http://www.yb2normal.com/tmoth50mwtx2.zip
Last edited by Wufnu; Nov 09, 2005 at 06:19 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2005, 08:17 PM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
Joined Apr 2004
1,917 Posts
Would just like you add, if you could somehow stick a CCD camera system onto that transmitter, you could have one heck of a setup. I'm no electronics whiz, though, so I'm pretty clueless. If someone figures out how to do it however, that'd be a BW equivalent for around $200 total. Not too shabby.
Old Nov 09, 2005, 09:35 PM
Hello Moto
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Mar 2005
605 Posts
yer that would be cool.

read the link and saw the vid.

thanks for the help!