SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 30, 2001, 12:31 PM
Warsaw, IN, USA
Joined Jun 2001
56 Posts
It's Cheap, Easy and Fast - It's a blue flying triangle.

Here's another Bluecor special.
http://www.jastown.com/airplane/cheap.htm

50 cents or less spent on foam,glue and music wire.

Cut a few straight lines on blue foam.

Glue it together.

Stick on some servos and other electronics.

Now all you have to do is figure out how to fly it.
jastown is offline Find More Posts by jastown
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2001, 05:31 PM
Kansas City, MO
Joined Jan 2000
700 Posts
Nice planes! I've been wanting to toy around with some ideas with foam. Where do you get 1/4 inch Blucor????
Jerry Brown is offline Find More Posts by Jerry Brown
Old Jul 30, 2001, 05:37 PM
Vestal, NY, USA
Joined Jun 2001
76 Posts
Cool... very cool!

I've been following the bluecor line of planes you've been coming up with for a while... It's inspired me! I went to Lowes the other day after work and found Bluecor! Paid $28.00 for a 4 foot X 50 foot folded
pack of this stuff. I just built a "Big Blue Stik" with it. Used a carbon fiber arrow from Wal-Mart for the stick, and built a 46 inch polydihedral wing from the Bluecor. Used Bluecor for the tail feathers as well.
Put a GWS EPS STD "A" motor on it with a GWS
10x4.7 prop. Batteries are 7 cell, 600 mah nicads. Used the Lite-Stik wheels and a longer music wire landing gear. The "creation" is 12.5 ounces AUW. Wingspan 46 inches (7 inch chord), length is 35 inches. This is the FIRST thing I have EVER built from scratch. NO PLANS... Just that TLAR method... anyway, I took it out last Sunday at 6:30 am and set it on the runway...
Gave it power, and off I went! ROG in about 20 feet, seems more responsive than Lite-Stik. I'm new to flying, so the landing was, well, a landing of sorts. Broke the small balsa stick I used to attach the motor to the fuse. Anyway, I'll be back out this weekend to see what I can do with this thing.
Sorry for the ***lengthy*** post, but I'm just amazed.

Tazilon
Quote:
Originally posted by jastown:
Here's another Bluecor special.
http://www.jastown.com/airplane/cheap.htm

50 cents or less spent on foam,glue and music wire.

Cut a few straight lines on blue foam.

Glue it together.

Stick on some servos and other electronics.

Now all you have to do is figure out how to fly it.
Tazilon is offline Find More Posts by Tazilon
Old Jul 30, 2001, 05:38 PM
Warsaw, IN, USA
Joined Jun 2001
56 Posts

1/4" Bluecor is sold as an insulation to use under siding. It is a Dow/Georgia Pacific product. You should be able to find it at Building supply stores. I got mine at "Lowes". It is also available at local lumber yards. It comes in 4 feet by 50 feet fanfold packages for about $26.00.
jastown is offline Find More Posts by jastown