HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2005, 10:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Castle Creations customer service second to none!

Recently I sent Joe Ford, from Castle Creations, a question about how to set the timing on my Phoenix 25 amp esc. When he learned that I was using it on a small electric motor he asked if the packaging had a certain label on it. When he learned that it did not, he advised me to replace the esc with a newer version. He didn't even ask me if I had purchased it, or it was given to me or even if I had found it lying on the side of the road, and offered to send me a replacement, complete with stamped return envelope for the one I have now. Now THAT is customer SERVICE. Sometimes it's worth it to pay a few extra dollars. Castle Creations is definately quality people selling and servicing quality products!
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2005, 03:22 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
I'll second that
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Nov 17, 2005, 03:25 AM
Large member
Rancho San Antonio, CA
Joined Jul 2002
179 Posts
I had a Phoenix 35 that I couldn't seem to get to work with the PHX-Link/CastleLink gadget, so I sent it in to get a software update. What arrives back?

A BRAND NEW IN PACKAGE Phoenix 35! The new version is a new design that looks like it's about 2/3 the size of the original. And they even returned my original Dean's plug!

That sort of customer service is what makes for very happy and loyal customers. Every brushless speedo Iíve had has been a Castle Creations, none have ever given me any problems at the field, every time I need help they exceed my expectationsÖ and from what Iíve read on the forums this is the norm.

Great product, at the right price, and exceptional customer service = customer for life. Why buy anything else?
seamus0g is offline Find More Posts by seamus0g
Old Nov 17, 2005, 05:25 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
This kind of service makes me EXTREMLEY MAD ............
that there is NO ONE over here like CC
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:10 PM
Watts your motivation
San Bernardino, CA
Joined Aug 2003
6,512 Posts
I too had a very similar situation. P-45 smokes a FET on it's third use just by pluggin in a pack. New one arrives with return envelope. Wow. I don't believe it. CC has my business everytime now.

Thanks again Castle Creations!!!

Justin
roccobro is offline Find More Posts by roccobro
Old Feb 09, 2007, 10:31 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
I am hopeful after reading these emails. I just sent a question to support@castlecreations.com regarding a defective unit. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Henry
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Feb 09, 2007, 04:17 PM
The Revegetator
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,056 Posts
I can't help but wonder why there are so many CC esc's that "go up in smoke", or don't work for whatever reason. I believe the customer service is excellent, but I have read in a few forums of CC esc's going bad. Why do these esc's have such a great following when so many of them seem to break down? Customer service? All I can say is that they are so expensive here in Australia that I can't justify the price. Maybe customer service is what you pay so much for?
Chris F is online now Find More Posts by Chris F
Old Feb 09, 2007, 04:32 PM
Chandler
Joined Sep 2006
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
I can't help but wonder why there are so many CC esc's that "go up in smoke", or don't work for whatever reason. I believe the customer service is excellent, but I have read in a few forums of CC esc's going bad. Why do these esc's have such a great following when so many of them seem to break down? Customer service? All I can say is that they are so expensive here in Australia that I can't justify the price. Maybe customer service is what you pay so much for?
I use them with no problems at all, but so do just about everyone I know. When your the best! And you back it up! Enough said!! They have all my business..
Ajdtiger is offline Find More Posts by Ajdtiger
Old Feb 09, 2007, 05:32 PM
The Revegetator
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,056 Posts
I'm not trying to knock CC as they have a good reputation, but if they are the best, why do I keep on reading posts from people who have had problems with their products? It would seem to me that they keep their customer loyalty by having great customer service?
Old Feb 09, 2007, 05:35 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
I'd have to agree with you there. It would seem to me that they keep their customer loyalty by having great customer service?

Even though I paid a lot - 60.00 U.S. for a 25 amp ESC, if they fix it or replace it for free, I am a CC guy for live. If however, they charge me or won't respond, I won't buy another. There you have it.
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Feb 09, 2007, 06:14 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,442 Posts
Quote:
I'm not trying to knock CC as they have a good reputation, but if they are the best, why do I keep on reading posts from people who have had problems with their products? It would seem to me that they keep their customer loyalty by having great customer service?
Every problem that comes to them, they try and resolve.
They have software updates that allow for these "bugs" to get worked out.

And really, no one's perfect, and either is any product. No matter who supplies it, or where it comes from.

The best we can hope for, is a company that listens to its customers' concerns and needs. And we have it. Several companies in this hobby meet these requirements. Castle Creations is one of them.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Feb 09, 2007, 07:37 PM
The Revegetator
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,056 Posts
I don't get it. Why would such an expensive esc be sold with bugs that need to be worked out?
Old Feb 09, 2007, 08:09 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.
Tosev 3
Joined Feb 2003
1,034 Posts
Quote:
I don't get it. Why would such an expensive esc be sold with bugs that need to be worked out?
Because they are constantly improving their product and adding new capabilities. Myself I have about 6 or so of their ESC's both brushed and brushless. I have never had a problem with any of them. The space shuttle did not fly overnight. Nothing made by human hands is ever perfect. As an example look at microsoft. A multimillion dollar company. They have yet to release a software package without any bugs despite tons of resources. If their customer service was as good as CC they would have a better reputation. Just my opinion. I do see your point however. If I bought as Jeti(just as expensive) would I get service even beyond the warranty period? I doubt it.
DR. JOY is offline Find More Posts by DR. JOY