SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 23, 2002, 06:41 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Olathe, KS (next to the Castle)
Joined Jun 2001
1,649 Posts
A Threat to RC flyers

I am concerned about the continuing Balkanization of our sport/hobby. While we make up probably less then 1 in 100,000 of the general population we devide ourselves into even smaller groups and fight amongst ourselves instead of working together for our common interest. What we need is an outside threat to bring the Zenlike Chubby Buddha Sailplane Pilots, the Lockstep Power Flyers and the Irresponsible Free Sprit Zagi Pilots together so we can better fight for our right to fly as a unified group. And I think I have found the right threat to RC pilots.

The threat I am talking about is Control Line Ornithopter Flyers or CLOF. Think about it. These machines are ascetically gross and offend all sailplane pilots. They fly around in circles and refuse to stay in the power pilots “box”. They work too hard to get thier plans to fly to mean anything to the Zagi drivers. The danger presented by the flapping “wings” and the control lines should be clear to all. Imagine our flying fields being taken over these ungainly and unascetic flying machines large circles, which you enter at great risk to life and limb. I say lets band together against this intrusion into our way of life. Let’s nip the threat of control line Ornithopters at the bud.
Bernie Wolfard is offline Find More Posts by Bernie Wolfard
Last edited by Flutterbug; May 24, 2002 at 04:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2002, 07:00 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
Hitchcock.... Bodega Bay.... Tippi Hedron....
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old May 23, 2002, 08:50 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined May 2001
123 Posts
Holy smokes! I never thought about it that way!

...something must be done.
esox is offline Find More Posts by esox
Old May 23, 2002, 09:37 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Olathe, KS (next to the Castle)
Joined Jun 2001
1,649 Posts
I was hoping this post would raise a little more of a flap.
Bernie Wolfard is offline Find More Posts by Bernie Wolfard
Old May 23, 2002, 09:55 PM
ovid MI USA
Joined May 2000
622 Posts
Teehehe- hahaha-he-he-he. Ah yes, all rc forces must unite! or be permantly and forever disbanded.
Superbike is offline Find More Posts by Superbike
Old May 24, 2002, 08:15 AM
COLLIERVILLE, TN USA
Joined Jun 2000
617 Posts
I don't really know you Flutterbug, so I shoudn't poke my 'beak' into your business, but all this 'chirping' about flapper-noia has got my 'tail feathers' ruffled!

I'm certain that if you will take a 'gander' at what this 'flock' is 'hatching', you will stop all this 'squawking', and 'migrate' over to their 'cage' where you will happily 'perch' alongside them and 'sing' their praises, 'parrot-like.' I'm perfectly happy with all MY CLOF buddies as long as they don't start 'dropping' in on me while I'm trying to fly!

Please don't 'duck' this important issue, you silly 'goose', you must always stay a'breast' of all types of new thinking, someone might put the 'eagle' eye on you and 'pidgeon-hole' you as being a 'dodo'!

Eggs-actly!!

ps: OK, who's next? This 'ol 'buzzard' can't think of any more stuff to 'dovetail' into this round 'robin' discussion....this has to be my 'swan' song!
DICKEYBIRD is offline Find More Posts by DICKEYBIRD
Old May 24, 2002, 09:52 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined May 2001
123 Posts
*GROAN!*

Dickeybird, you are appropriately monikered.
esox is offline Find More Posts by esox