HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2005, 07:07 PM
The long way around
Marietta, SC
Joined Mar 2005
205 Posts
Wanting the best of both worlds

Out of all the warbirds, which would give a performance much like a pattern plane? I love the look & scale performance of a warbird but there are times when I want to turn it up a bit while I'm flying. It would have to be 4 channel of course.

I'm thinking P51 since I haven't flown any of them but the wing design seems to be the likely canidate. Not to concerned with LG.

Any suggestions?
thebackroads is offline Find More Posts by thebackroads
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2005, 09:01 PM
Joined Mar 2005
272 Posts
If you want great scale looks with great aerobatic abilities I would 100% without question go with the ALFA FW-190. That plane moves with good speed and has a great role rate andthat is just with the 300 brushed motor. Try an mp-jet outruner and you will scream through the sky. just my recomendation. If you are not familiar with this plane see it here:

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/fw190.htm
GIEric is offline Find More Posts by GIEric
Old Nov 06, 2005, 09:37 PM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,496 Posts
Hi I have and Alfa LA 7 with an axi 2208 and a 9x6 prop which pretty much hauls...and very aerobatic ail and elev. control only. there is video of it in the alfa fan performance post.
Scott
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Nov 07, 2005, 11:00 AM
The long way around
Marietta, SC
Joined Mar 2005
205 Posts
I've got the Alfa Corsair w/MP Jet red outrunner that performs nice (now that I've replaced the wing due to crash), thought about the FW190, but still wanting a solid 4 channel flyer.

I'm looking now at the Hawker Temptest MKII at www.rwdrc.com which was mentioned in a pm. It's got the right qualifications.

Anyone else flying these?
thebackroads is offline Find More Posts by thebackroads
Old Nov 07, 2005, 11:49 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,155 Posts
How about one of the S&B EPP foam warbirds? They can easily be converted from one aileron servo to individual servos, and a rudder would be easy to do. Powered with a Mega 16/15/4 or /5 it will have as much go as you could want and won't be near as fragile as an Alfa. You give up the high level of scale with the coated foam for the survivability of EPP. However, detailed out with a low temp film covering, a little air brushing and a few panel lines, they look pretty good.

http://www.sbrcmodels.com/store/agor...82l0&currency=
Click on each plane and they have a graphic that tells how aerobatic it is.

I have a Spitfire "in the post" as they say down under. It should be here any day. I am going to build it with individual aileron servos to get the differential but no rudder servo. If it flys half as well as my Me-163, it will be a great plane.

FC
FoamCrusher is online now Find More Posts by FoamCrusher