SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2005, 02:13 AM
Langley B.C Canada
Joined Feb 2003
503 Posts
How do you avoid bubbles with solite?

Is this the right forum?

I don't have too much experience with this stuff so I'm finding that when I go to put some solite over solite I get some bubbles??? I've even tried turning down the heat, but still I'm getting them. they are little hard to see in the pics

Thanks
Brian T
Brian T is offline Find More Posts by Brian T
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2005, 03:59 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,689 Posts
No way to avoid em.

prick with pin and use heat gun..
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Nov 06, 2005, 11:37 AM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,341 Posts
Must disagree with Vintage1. Wet surface using water & small (1-2 drops) liquid detergent mix. Apply second layer of Solite and slide it around till you like it. With iron on ~175-180degF squeegee the water toward the edges and out from under. It will take several passes and as the water disappears the adhesive will start to activate.

2nd method - I have not done this but others report it works great. Lay out covering on glass and work bubbles out while cool. Then use lo heat to stick covering to itself. Peel off glass and apply to model as one piece.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant