HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2002, 09:56 AM
Logan, Utah, United States
Joined May 2002
1,260 Posts
any one using the new Schulze 18.46K

I have the new Schulze 18.46K ESC Witch is the Replacement for the 45HO the is no more progrmaing mode it is all done with dip switches anyway I have hooked up one on a Logo 10 and I don't get any power to my motor Has anyone had this problem or any experince with this ESC any help I would be very greatfull
Thanks
Rcman
rcman is offline Find More Posts by rcman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2002, 08:43 AM
Crossfield, Alberta, Canada
Joined Apr 2002
102 Posts
I'm not "using" mine because it doesn't work. It quit during a brief run-up without mainblades, the current draw was quite low at the time.

I would love to hear of somebody successfully using one. Not sure what to do except send it to Etienne at ICARE and see what they can do with it.

The Kontronic Beat controllers seem to have a good reputation, are there others suitable for the Logo 10 that are robust enough to last through bench testing and actually fly?

Thanks
Eric
EricWeder is offline Find More Posts by EricWeder
Old May 24, 2002, 08:53 AM
Joined May 2002
1,260 Posts
I'm glad to see that someone else is at least trying this ESC I don't know what to do I would realy love to fly this logo 10 but I havn't got it off the ground yet

EricWeder That's to bad about yours I hope we all can get to the bottom of this I all ways thought that Schulze build a great ESC
OH well maybe a bad week in production
Rcman
Old May 25, 2002, 10:49 AM
Crossfield, Alberta, Canada
Joined Apr 2002
102 Posts
Wow rcman, I guess we're it. Hope nobody else has these problems when they get theirs going. I'm waiting on a reply to a couple of emails I sent to Cyberheli and Icare.

My question still stands - what would be a good alternative to the Schulze controller and where to get it?

Thanks
Eric
EricWeder is offline Find More Posts by EricWeder
Old May 26, 2002, 07:51 PM
Texas
Joined May 2002
23 Posts
Well, I am having the same problems with the new 18.46K, both of them!. The first one ran for about 5 seconds, the second one for about 2 minutes. The motor just shuts off. I get the melody now when connecting power but no tone for arming. The only troubleshooting tip provided by Schulze is to increase throttle travel.

I think the probem is more than likely with the controller's microcode. I hope not though because I would really hate to have to send them in for service.

Does anyone have one that is working??

JR 8103 / PCM
DS368 x3
GY-401 w/9253
Kontronik 600-18
15 Tooth Pinion
4.8v 1400 Receiver Batt
12 Cell 2400 Sanyo Main Batt

icefog is offline Find More Posts by icefog
Old May 28, 2002, 08:39 AM
Joined May 2002
1,260 Posts
Well I guess that we are it
I was hopping that someone could shed some light on the problem and help us all out, But maybe we will be sheding the light and helping everyone else out

I emailed Schulze support last Tuesday and I still don't have an email from them

Boy I should would like to fly this new logo
Hey like EricWeder said is there any other ESC out there that will replace the Schulze 45HO

Rcman