HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Lenny970, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 05, 2005, 12:42 PM
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,790 Posts
Trader Rating: 124
Sold
E-Pike Superior SL competition model F5J

I've got too many F5J models in my hangar and need to sell my Pike Superior SL model. Yellow/blue with full carbon D-tube. This is an excellent model with awsome performance. 368 servos installed in the wing on Greening mounts. 368 elevator servo and 241MG rudder servo in the fin. Ready to fly, minus the receiver.

Model has never been crashed and is in near perfect condition except for a couple of minor things.

1. One wing joiner was pushed into the main panel a little too hard. There is a small crack on the wing root and the spar cap lifted slightly right at the edge. This slight blemish is underneath the joining tape when the wing is assembled and not noticeable. Both joiners are glued into the center panel. See picture below.

2. I got a little heavy handed once when assembling the wing panels and created a soft spot in the carbon D-tube at the outboard end of the center panel. This is invisible under normal conditions, but under just the right lighting you can notice a very slight deformation at this spot. Sorry, this won't even show up in a picture.

3. The original (molded in) rudder servo had nylon gears and I stripped a gear on landing. I cut an access hole on the bottom of the fin and replaced it with a metal geared servo. The cutoff part was reinstalled and covered with tape. The fuse is very strong back there and this is not a structural concern, just cosmetic. See picture below.

The wing is also structurally sound. I've been flying it this season on a sailplane fuse for TD and F3J competition. Two man tows and full pedal winch launches have not phased it.

Installed in this model is my 2400 watt F5J competition power system.
Hacker F5B-M motor, Hacker 99 controller, 24 cell batt pack, prop and spinner. Climbs about 100 feet a second, or 6-7 seconds to winch altitude!

Because of the imperfections noted above, I'm discounting this model steeply.

I've got $2400 invested and will sell completely RTF except for receiver for $1450 shipped CONUS.

I'll also offer it without the power sytem (just airframe + 6 servos) for $1095.

Thanks,
Lenny Keer
Lenny970 is offline Find More Posts by Lenny970
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2005, 05:20 PM
United States, IN, Carmel
Joined Aug 2004
45 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
PM sent

PM sent
sbxcflyer is offline Find More Posts by sbxcflyer