HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2001, 08:59 PM
USA
Joined Jul 2001
39 Posts
Focus 3 FM question. Also, about that new Futaba 3 ch. . .

Alright You Focus 3 flyers,

On channel 3, the slider for throttle, how is yours setup? More specifically, to INCREASE throttle, do you slide it left or right? Does it really matter?

Also, do any of you guys/gals use the new Futaba 3 channels, how do you like it compared to the Hitec/RCD?

THX

EFoil
EFoil is offline Find More Posts by EFoil
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2001, 09:59 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Jun 2001
908 Posts
Well i think its sopposed to go left to right, thats what it did on mine you might be able to reverse it. Futaba makes a 3 channel???/ Cool where is a link so i can go see it???
JStory is offline Find More Posts by JStory
Old Jul 29, 2001, 10:01 PM
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2000
2,526 Posts
hello (this is a test)
Paul Penney is offline Find More Posts by Paul Penney
Old Jul 29, 2001, 10:17 PM
USA
Joined Jul 2001
39 Posts
Sorry, i don't recall where I saw it on the web. . . oddly enough Futaba doesn't have it on their website . . .I did see it in a RC magazine . . .'RC*********' Shoot! I forgot the name of the mag., the other one similar to Model Airplane News you see on the stand at your LHS.

Anyway. . . the Futaba is a 3ch. single stick with a slider on the front, as oppose to the back like the Hitec . . . and it looks to be more ergonomic, for one-hand launching.

EFoil
EFoil is offline Find More Posts by EFoil
Old Jul 29, 2001, 11:00 PM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Ithaca, NY USA
Joined Mar 2001
4,371 Posts
I have a Focus 3 but moved up to a Flash 5. The throttle on the back works well for hand launching but IMHO you are better off going straight to a Flash 5 G if you can possibly afford it. I also think they have better resale value. I'm doing a lot of testing with my new UrbanFlyer and because it is a sport aerobatic design, it's really nice to be able to program in some dual rates or exponential throws. It also has the connector for a buddy box.

Doug Binder
www.mountainmodels.com
CoClimber is offline Find More Posts by CoClimber
Old Oct 19, 2001, 12:59 PM
Ste-Therese, Qc, Canada
Joined Mar 2001
69 Posts
Futaba new 3-channel set

I've seen an ad about the latest Futaba 3-ch. set in issue #1 of Backward Flyer and I didn't find it on their website either. Having specs on this would be nice.

I've noticed the little tab protruding on the left-hand side of the transmitter. Looks like a slider type potentiometer with its cursor removed. I guess users must protect it from dust to guarantee smooth motor control in the future. I find 'classic' 4-6 channel transmitters to be more attractive.

Cheers!

Spiff
Spiff is offline Find More Posts by Spiff