SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 22, 2002, 03:06 PM
Scott Summersgill
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Feb 2001
558 Posts
Any RC Clubs in and around Thousand Oaks CA?

I may be moving to the Thousand Oaks area sometime later this year. I was wondering if there are any clubs in and around the area. Thanks in advance.

Scott
smsgill is offline Find More Posts by smsgill
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2002, 06:44 AM
myspace.com/graehl
Joined Mar 2001
403 Posts
well i grew up there -don't know of any clubs but this place will know-http://www.martyshobbies.com/
1728 Moorpark Road at Janss Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360 USA
[Click Here for Directions!!]
(805)497-3664
Fax: (805)497-3790
orders@martyshobbies.com
Open 7 Days At 10AM
Mon-Thurs til 8PM
Fri. til 9PM
Sat. til 6PM
Sun. til 5PM

there is a nice hill in Aurora(Oak Park) to be exact that is off of lindero road and the 101 freeway

hopefully the guys at marttys hobbies will give you directions and club info.....-i actually grew up in newbury park-next city over

anyways hope this helps -you picked a great place to live
Kevin Graehl is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Graehl
Old May 23, 2002, 02:39 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
You may want to give TOSS a try. I'm not familiar with them, but they are in T.O..

Also check out the .San Fernando Valley Silent Fliers. They are a mixed sailplane / electric club with plenty of nice and knowledgeable members.

Pete
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old May 23, 2002, 02:42 PM
Joined Sep 2001
88 Posts
TOSS is glider only. they don't allow anything with a prop on it, including gliders.

Quote:
Originally posted by fok
You may want to give TOSS a try. I'm not familiar with them, but they are in T.O..

Also check out the .San Fernando Valley Silent Fliers. They are a mixed sailplane / electric club with plenty of nice and knowledgeable members.

Pete
matthew.orme is offline Find More Posts by matthew.orme