Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 02, 2005, 10:25 PM
"Superior Air Power"
Stayton, Oregon, USA
Joined May 2003
1,255 Posts
MtnGoat,
You can buy a full sized copy of the poster here http://www.snapshotsofthepast.com/index.html
And here is a reduced copy of the poster.

This image is public domain and is not copyright material.
War Bird Radio is offline Find More Posts by War Bird Radio
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2005, 11:07 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Aug 2005
287 Posts
It's a deal War Bird. Bruce had a good time...we tried formation flying with the MOGs but for some reason mine is a hair faster so it get's a little difficult...it sure is fun to get two or three of them up at the same time though.

David: One thing I forgot to mention was I was wondering what your experience was with the "rudder" on the Whisper. It's the darndest thing...rudder right, the plane pretty much goes right...rudder left and almost nothing...I checked the throws, they are exactly the same. Really, the whole rudder action isn't too great anyhow, another experience like the Destiny where the "ruddervator" "rudder" is pretty much useless. It definitely looks like the plane is fighting itself to turn when trying. I don't know what the physics are of the thing, but a regular tail set up would probably be better for the thermalling side of things. How did your rudder work?

Mark
ScaredyCat is offline Find More Posts by ScaredyCat
Old Nov 03, 2005, 12:22 AM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,614 Posts
The tail on the Whisper is rather large and the elevators are huge compared to most slope ships. My whisper's rudder worked well (for a v-tail slope ship). One thing you need to take into account is the wind direction. When doing half pipes (stall turns) you need to rudder the ship over with the wind not against the wind. Next time you fly the Whisper do some stall turns directly into the wind in both directions to see if there is any difference in rudder response. Also do a series of loops directly into the wind to see if there is any cork screwing which is a sign of imbalanced elevator control movements. This goes along with checking the control rods inside the fuse. Are they attached to the fuse wall properly? Does either of them bend when pressure is applied to the elevator surface opposite to the servo.
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen
Last edited by davidjensen; Nov 03, 2005 at 12:32 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2005, 07:06 PM
Oregon, United States
Joined Jul 2004
1,123 Posts
War Bird

Nice looking fleet of planes! But wheres the Zephyr?

Tony
Tshires is offline Find More Posts by Tshires
Old Nov 03, 2005, 07:29 PM
"Superior Air Power"
Stayton, Oregon, USA
Joined May 2003
1,255 Posts
Tony,
Forgot the camera yesterday and today. I was the only one up there this afternoon, there was more sun and wind so I only flew the Super Talon. I'll have to keep my little cheap camera in the car to get more pics. I have better camers but this one is very small, takes ok pics and is the easiest to handle while flying.
War Bird Radio is offline Find More Posts by War Bird Radio