HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:51 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,393 Posts
It is the ORIGINAL Charger RC CR-1 3D Park Flyer!

I was at my LHS (Coyote Hobby, Oregon City Oregon), when Russ the owner comes up to me. He said, Al I got something for you. I say okay, I got a few bucks left over. Thinking he was going to have a new motor mount or something. He comes out of the back with a 3D plane. I said what this is; he says I saw these at the show we went to in Cali. He then says it is a winner and you can be the first to fly one in Oregon. I say ok, I bite. He says it is only 29 bucks here; you can order it and beat me by 3 bucks. I was that is not even worth talking about. So, I bought it.

So, today I started on it.

Specs:
Wing Span: 37"
Length: 39"
Flying weight of 14-18 oz
Power will be an: Justgofly 400T motor. 9X5
Decide after one flight that I would buy a new motor and i decided on a HIMAX 2812-1080 with a 10X4.7 APC SF
awesome 11 min flights on a PQ 1200

Battery: 3S 20C 1200Mah 24 amps Max 15 amps won't hurt this one.

Here is the Web site for more specs:
http://www.chargerrc.com/deals.html

1. Complete LASER CUT Foam Plane
2. Carbon Fiber Wing Spar Tube
3. Stainless Steel Linkage Wire (4pcs)
4. Stick Motor Mount
5. Laser Cut Control Horns, they are Wood
6. Laser Cut Firewall (for Outrunner)
7. Silk Screened Window and Graphics Sheet
8. Gearbox Motor Mount Screw
9. ONE PAGE Instruction Sheet
10. 6mm FOAM Laser CUT
11. Super fast build time (Usually 1 Hour)
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2005, 12:57 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,393 Posts
I noticed that large 4 MM CF Spar that is in the wing it a longer than some of them. I had to make the groove and in the wing the Pro version of this plane comes with the groove in it.

After you glue the CF Spar I would suggest that you use Bi-directional tape along the length of the Spar.

Once that is completed you need to sand the Elevator, Ailerons, and the Rudder with 45 degree angles. If you use the Bi-directional tape on the hings it will last for every and also make tha section of the wing stronger.

This foam does not sand like the rest of them Sanding with 80 girt was to much was quick just don't sand to fast or it will melt! So I used 100 girt, it work great.

Then tape the Elevator and slide it thur the fuse. That is when you should slide the rest of the deck together. Including the wing. It says to use a a straight edge on ythe fuse but mine is striaght as a arrow. I just line measured the wing and marked 3MM out. I then lined up the lines up and down the fuse and wing deck. I used Foam CA to glue them together in a few places to hold them still.
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Last edited by DoctorAudio; Nov 01, 2005 at 01:47 AM.