HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2006, 07:57 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,287 Posts
Ok I think I will call this stupid pilot tricks or things not to do with your alfa huckbein.
I met up with Bruce and went to fly the new f86.I warmed up with my LA 7 and then the Huck.I had a touch too much reflex so it was a bit twitchy in roll axis..bruce flew his Do and his f86(tons of power) He swelled his batt again..I think that one is toast!I deside to adjust the ailerons on the huck a refly it..Much better so now I deside to show off with a low level pass over head the a nice low turn at wot...I did say looow over head.I hit my own transmitter ant. and ripped the wing off the huck.I just prayed Bruce wasnt beside me! He was wasnt..the plane rolled into the ground..I did shut down the throtle before it hit and it missed the other planes on the grass and Bruce..
Moral of the story is dont be stupid! and fly rite!
Scott
PS Bruce has some better pics from the crash site.And I also didnt get to fly the f86 because of the damage to my antenna.
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2006, 08:11 PM
Suspended Account
Utica Il.
Joined Dec 2002
4,222 Posts
turbonut,
I'm just glad no one got hurt.

You need a Flight Line Flyers membership.
termite is offline Find More Posts by termite
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 19, 2006, 08:17 PM
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
It was too bad as the Huck was flying very well after your trim adjustment!
I was pretty far away and up the hill so it wasn't that close to me.
I should of taken a pic of your cracked antenna. Luckily it didn't damage the actual transmitter.
You'll have to fly at my field next time.....Much more room with no soccer nets setup!
I think you could rebuild it but it'll be kinda frankensteinish and you got a few dozen other projects to work on!
bmiller is offline Find More Posts by bmiller
Last edited by bmiller; Jul 06, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 08:17 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,287 Posts
Hi, You did see what i put under my name...I WAS kidding..hey if you send me that sticker i will put it on my Blazer
Scott
Old Feb 19, 2006, 08:20 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,287 Posts
yea I am giong to glue the bits together and hang it in the garage as a reminder of dumb pilot
Old Feb 19, 2006, 08:20 PM
Joined Oct 2004
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C of G
Yeah I have been stalled by the weather, its gorgeous outside right now but its 20F - windchill and its blowing 15mph. So it will be nice here very soon and it stays light out til 9pm! So here again waiting......

Chris
The return of the Russian winter.
Hope its nice next weekend so we can get-it-on. Here is my contribution to cause.
ultimate lvr is offline Find More Posts by ultimate lvr
Old Feb 19, 2006, 08:26 PM
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
yea I am gong to glue the bits together and hang it in the garage as a reminder of dumb pilot
It really was just an accident, I could tell you've done that type of close low pass move before....You just need a shorter antenna!

The Mig looks good! The frozen ground not so good!
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:17 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Thats John's my EDF jet buddy. Thats his second Mig and now I have the F-86 so next weekend, weather permitting, I have to defend the skies over our club field!!!

It turned out warmer today than I thought it would, a balmy 31F and slight winds. Time for the winter shorts! NOT!

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Feb 20, 2006, 12:18 AM
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
It was blustery wind conditions today but not too bad plus it was around 50-55*F, Snow on the nearby mountains made for a nice panoramic scene, should've taken more pics.
Also at the field I went thru the ESC programming and found the current limiting had changed from disabled to most sensitive! Whats up with that?!?!?!
I disabled both the LVC and current limiting and no had inflight cutouts!
Flew til the power suddenly sagged, landed and removed the (puffed up again)4S pack! Yeah its pretty much toast!
Old Feb 22, 2006, 06:14 PM
Joined Dec 2005
98 Posts
C of G , Are you still waiting to maiden your F86 with the flapperons? I am really curious about how it works. Darrell
D Yoakum is offline Find More Posts by D Yoakum
Old Feb 22, 2006, 06:47 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Yeah, the darn weather and the crowd at the field when the weather was nice for a day has made it tough to get out and fly! LOL Maybe this Sun.

Chris
Old Feb 22, 2006, 06:49 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
@bmiller
Snow in the mountains HA! I got snow at my feet!!lol It is gorgeous though.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 03:59 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
7,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
Hi Tumbler, its alfa fan with a cut down walkura rotor,mega 16/15/3 motor and tp 1320 5s battery..I am looking into some 1500 batteries. the 2100 add to much weight.
Does any body have any feed back on Hyperion batteries..
Scott
O yea CC45 esc also
Might be a dumb question, but what is a Walkura fan?
Tumbler is online now Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Feb 23, 2006, 08:07 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,287 Posts
Not Dumb just uninformed so I will fix that! Its a inexpensive edf unit I purchased from balsa products ( 10 bucks) then I cut the rotor down from 75 mm to 60 to fit in the alfa housing.The walkura has 5 blades to the alfa 3 and they are larger area and have a corser pitch. So this alows me to load up the motor and get more thrust for less rpm
Scott
Old Feb 24, 2006, 06:50 PM
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Well since I want to fly tomorrow I picked up two Impulse 23C 3S 1450 lipo packs that I'll put in parallel(3S2P)
Brochure rated at 23C!(33.3Amp)
So when I parallel them it'll become 3S 2900 (66.6Amp)
Weight4.6oz x 2 = 9.2oz(263gms)
Its very light for a pack that should handle 44amps or so.....

Bruce