HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:33 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
LOl no worries, been having an interesting look at car applications with the DPR. Found out a touring car on a carpet track with foam tires will spike 98.23A!! A 12th scale will only peak at 25A. I tried the temp feature on two locations on a motor and saw 120F on the touring car. Also well over 730W peak power! Really cool having this thing, it opens your eyes to things, cant wait to check out what EDF's actually do.

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:35 PM
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Flew my 4S Mega today and the darn spinner came off! (Thats twice now!)And I had CA'd it on too!
Chewed up the stock alfa rotor pretty good before I could shut it down.(2 seconds)
Glided to a landing, removed remains of spinner, Looked at rotor.... oh well! Launched it again! Couldn't tell much difference! A little less vertical and speed but it still hauls butt! Guess its a good time to make the kyosho rotor fit!
bmiller is offline Find More Posts by bmiller
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:58 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Wow, lucky you didnt get it to blow out the side of the plane! That would look like a SAM hit you!! lol

Chris
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:17 PM
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
LOL I still have some shrapnel stuck in the intakes!
I was surprised how well it still flies with the damaged rotor.
btw, I had some more cutouts again and I'm thinking my Impulse pack is causing it! After the pack warmsup it doesn't seem to cut out....It might be time for a better 4S pack! We'll see what happens after the ky rotor is installed and brings the rpm down.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 09:33 AM
Morro Bay, Ca.
Joined Jul 2005
166 Posts
Has anyone cut three blades off a wattage rotor and ran any test data against the alpha rotor using the 16/7/4 or 3
EAGLESTRIKE 1 is offline Find More Posts by EAGLESTRIKE 1
Old Jan 29, 2006, 09:38 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1 Posts
Just got back from hobby stop with my new F-86 and was quite impressed with the layout. Now i want to put together a mid70-80 mph unit and dont know what kind of motor to use to achieve these speeds. If you would post your power set ups and any others that you think would work well please do
eric007 is offline Find More Posts by eric007
Old Jan 29, 2006, 10:09 PM
Morro Bay, Ca.
Joined Jul 2005
166 Posts
Eric I am running the himax 4200 / 2025 on 4 s 1 p 1450mah Impulse and I get about 85mph . pulls about 15-16 amps the battery seems to only get warm if I fly at full all the time or run the pack way down . runs smooth and quiet.
EAGLESTRIKE 1 is offline Find More Posts by EAGLESTRIKE 1
Old Jan 30, 2006, 02:06 AM
"Up Chuck-Up Chuck"
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
Joined Aug 2004
1,204 Posts
I would say the Himax 5300 would give you those speeds. The MP Jet maybe 10 mph less..
mdlifcrisis is offline Find More Posts by mdlifcrisis
Old Jan 30, 2006, 09:33 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,654 Posts
What about one of the Vasa fans? I know they are more $$, but you guys are modifying your Alpha's and Mini's anyway? Would the Vasa rotor be any better?
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Feb 01, 2006, 11:52 PM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
ok bit of a late response but what was the wind on that 02 you got? and what about turning the motor down like astro does for there power fan setup?

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
Old Feb 02, 2006, 12:22 AM
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Hello Barry! Long time no wattage F-86 see!
I forgot which 020 wind it is! The guy at the booth told me and there was no box, looking for the receipt but no luck! I just took it out of the fan and no #s on the can, it has a sleeve CA'd to it. My brain keeps thinkin 805K but that may be a several years old memory!
...heres 2 pics...But I doubt it'll help...
pic#2 has a "4" stamped on the endbell
As for turning it down I'd no idea you could!
Old Feb 02, 2006, 04:46 AM
Bishops Stortford, UK
Joined Dec 2005
157 Posts
Think I've got the same motor !
Mine has the same 4 stamped on the endbell. But has the wattage fan asembly.
Tried to take a picture of the spec sheet for you but it wouldn't focus properly !
But here is the Tech Spec :-
Winding 4 turns
RPM/volt 3330rpm/v
Resistance 0.049 ohms
No load A 900 ma
Mosfets 12
BEC 5v
Max Amps 25
Power 300w
Airbusboy is offline Find More Posts by Airbusboy
Old Feb 02, 2006, 01:23 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
What about one of the Vasa fans? I know they are more $$, but you guys are modifying your Alpha's and Mini's anyway? Would the Vasa rotor be any better?
I have made what I call the M.A.V. fan unit. Its made up of an Alfa housing, a Vasa 65mm rotor cut down to size, and a Mega motor.

On 3S it cranks out well over 300W and will be my speed run fan.

Chris
Old Feb 03, 2006, 01:11 AM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,647 Posts
well it took forever to finnish but its ready. tomarrow I will pick up a cc45 esc and I am ready for testing..I had to move the motor back 6mm to get the fan in the shroud.I made three adapters before I was happy with the fit.I kept getting a bit off centre on my holes! but its dead nuts now.
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Feb 03, 2006, 02:26 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Cool so whats this Alfa fan made up of?
A Walkera rotor, honed to fit I guess and what else? Motor?

Chris