HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2005, 11:13 AM
Joined Oct 2005
95 Posts
x-ufo by silverlit and x-ufo made by china junk

there is the x-ufo made only by silverlit and there is the x-ufo made by some cheap co. in china trust me it is junk i have both.dont buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jkantiques is offline Find More Posts by jkantiques
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2005, 12:29 PM
Wow That's Cool!
Bay Area, CA
Joined Nov 2004
2,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkantiques
there is the x-ufo made only by silverlit and there is the x-ufo made by some cheap co. in china trust me it is junk i have both.dont buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually ... Silverlit is a Hong Kong based company that manufactures in China also ... Can you elaborate? compare the two? ... inquiring minds want to know ...
tend2it is offline Find More Posts by tend2it
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:33 AM
Bye helis.. Hello multicopters
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2005
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkantiques
and you expect us to believe you without providing an explanation as to why you think they are junk? Maybe the knockoff version is but definitely not the one made by silverlit.
maybe you just don't know how to fly them. I love my Silverlit. 3 weeks old and about 60 flights and still flying great.
SFS75 is online now Find More Posts by SFS75
Old Nov 01, 2005, 08:27 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
My experience with china companies tells me that they are probably made by the same factory. The name brand one has passed quality control and is exported and the non name brand ones are rejects and dumped to whole sellers at cheap prices. This was the case with the century hummingbird. The hummingbirds are grade A quality whereas the same heli (not called century) bought in Shenzhen, China, can barely get of the ground without crashing. Given time the non name brand ones will get better. My advice is to wait on new products from China, as they are always upgrading their quality and the difference between successive versions are huge.

Just my 2 cents worth !!
wilerbee is offline Find More Posts by wilerbee