HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2005, 04:38 PM
Oakland, CA
Joined Nov 2002
1,186 Posts
Very nice job on the DC-3. The sheeted fuse was a good call and you did a great covering job. I see what you mean about the narrow wing cord! Very interested to hear how it flies. Regards,

Alex
Rekitter is offline Find More Posts by Rekitter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:32 AM
Suspended Account
Grove City PA basement/park
Joined Feb 2005
4,884 Posts
Thanks guys for the good words. I hope it flies well, when I brave it. It really isn't too bad of a build, compared with other Guillows planes. Thr fuse has a lot of straight area, making sheeting easy. Didn't care for the extra weight, but a DC-3 just doesn't look right as a wood frame fabric covered plane.
scratchandbash is offline Find More Posts by scratchandbash
Old Dec 09, 2005, 09:12 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,180 Posts
joining thread
gearup is offline Find More Posts by gearup
Old May 24, 2006, 10:21 AM
Andover, New Jersey
Joined Sep 2004
136 Posts
Scratch-

Did you ever get around to maidening this? There's another DC-3 conversion thread over in park and I remembered about yours and was wondering what happened?
evdo is offline Find More Posts by evdo
Old Feb 15, 2007, 05:35 PM
Suspended Account
Grove City PA basement/park
Joined Feb 2005
4,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evdo
Scratch-

Did you ever get around to maidening this? There's another DC-3 conversion thread over in park and I remembered about yours and was wondering what happened?
I guess I missed this one.
Actually, I pulled the thread back up, due to a request from a PM. The plane was seen in another thread, and the search engine did not understand "DC3". Fortunately, it understood "Eastern".
Hopefully fly soon Evdo.

My flying skill was lagging my modelling skill.
I was already a modeller, when I got into planes, so I ended up building a whole fleet of planes that I was not able to fly, or at least had no business attempting.
Built up some skill last summer. Plan to fly a bunch this year. Besides, its been long enough that I've long since forgotten all the work put into them. There's a good reason to maiden planes about 2 years after building them.

Bill
scratchandbash is offline Find More Posts by scratchandbash
Last edited by scratchandbash; Feb 16, 2007 at 12:23 AM.