SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 21, 2002, 05:14 PM
Frederiksberg, Denmark
Joined May 2001
79 Posts
Great idea for a new digicam related product

Hi

I have a great idea for a new product - A Walk-in CD-Rom burn facility.

When more and more people begin to travel with their digicams, they want to backup their CF/SC/whatever memory on to CD's.

Only choise so far I've heard about is either to lug about a laptop, or go into a photoshop and order printouts from your memorycard (whatever brand).

And I do NOT want to order prints, I want to make a backup on CD or whatever (hey, maybe online storage for easy access when I get back home, as well as easy access for (read only) for family and friends while I am travelling?)

I do not even want the CD with me, I maybe even want it shipped back home.

Now - who makes such a product?

And if you decide to make it, and become filthy rich on my advice, please remember to ship my 10% to me ;-))

Jens Jakob
JensJakob is offline Find More Posts by JensJakob
Old May 22, 2002, 11:55 AM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
most photolabs will do this for you; the newer Noritsu, Gretag, Fuji and other labs come equipped with everything (which really isn't much... CD burner, card reader and PC)
Prices will vary...
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old May 23, 2002, 07:52 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
You can get a 24x burner for $100 or so. Under Windows XP, if you have a card reader installed, as soon as you insert the media, it pops up and asks "What would you like to do with these pictures?" and one of the options is "Copy to CD-Rom" (I have had no problems with the native CD-R support in XP).
As you want them on CD, that implies you have a PC. Why would you ever pay someone to do this?
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W