HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:14 PM
Joined Aug 2005
44 Posts
Quick Change rear end for Ricky

It may have already been covered here before (as I am pretty new to the forum here), but while installing my new wonderful rear swing arm for my Ricky by our own wonderfully talented forum member Dave, I had discovered something: one could make your Ricky have a quick change rear end by making a nice slot for the entire rear end to exit and enter the chassis by cutting two parallel cuts on the chassis plates, filing them down, and making certain that the hole for the layshaft bearing holder on the chassis is shaped like a "C", instead of an "O". Just make certain that you still have holes to sccrew in the bearing holder. Pics may follow, especially if my beer-fueled post makes no sense.
bunnyman is offline Find More Posts by bunnyman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:06 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,750 Posts
Bunnyman, I'm not sure if anyone has done this with a Ricky, but several of the aftermarket frames for the 1/5 on-road bikes have the layshaft area cutout like that. Good idea!
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:14 PM
Joined Aug 2005
44 Posts
Thanks.

I was messing about with my oval pan car and it has a Quick Change rear end, henceforth the idea.
bunnyman is offline Find More Posts by bunnyman