HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2005, 04:28 AM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,203 Posts
Hitec Electron 6 Receiver Glitch on Electric Helicopter

Guys, my friend have experience a Glitch problem using a Hitec electron 6 on a Hornet size electric Helicopter, now he buy another Hitec electron 6 Receiver and use it on the same Helicopter same problem occur.

Now he try to simulated the weather condition, by using a Hair Dryer blowing a HOT AIR in front of the Helicopter, the Glitch occur when there is a Temperature Rise around the Receiver.

Have you encounter the same experience?

Now he use a FUTABA micro receiver PCM 1024, and run flawlessly.
lazy-b is offline Find More Posts by lazy-b
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2005, 05:37 AM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,445 Posts
He needs to move the RX away from the motor and ESC. A hair dryer is going to but more heat on the RX then you would get flying.
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Oct 26, 2005, 08:54 AM
Heli Headcase
Cliffside Park, NJ
Joined May 2003
2,551 Posts
had an Electron 6 and experienced a lot of glitching as well. Replaced it with a Berg rx in the same location and never had another glitch. I use Bergs in all my Helis now. If you can find one I suggest you get it.
Orion_V is offline Find More Posts by Orion_V
Old Oct 26, 2005, 09:39 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,612 Posts
I had some glitches but they went away when I installed a ferrite ring in the ESC cable much less expensive than PCM. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349124

Be careful about the last production run of Berg receivers as they had some serious software bugs. Castle Creations has spent the past year trying to get all the bugs out the new ones should be available late this year or early next year.

RC
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 26, 2005, 10:17 AM
Old new guy
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,152 Posts
The Electron 6 works flawlessy for me. Just gotta implement it properly and make sure the crystal is secure in it's socket.
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Old Oct 26, 2005, 08:15 PM
The wing is the thing
Great Bend, Kansas, United States
Joined May 2004
609 Posts
I use a 555 converted to 6 ch. Works great.
RANSWrench is online now Find More Posts by RANSWrench
Old Oct 26, 2005, 08:30 PM
kids ate my heli budget
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2005
1,782 Posts
My Electron 6 glitches like crazy in my T-Rex. Not much I can do at the moment - just waiting for the new Bergs to arrive. I think I'll put a Hitec QPCM Rx in my Viper 90 though.
jameotron is offline Find More Posts by jameotron
Old Oct 26, 2005, 09:01 PM
HeliObsessed
Centennial, CO
Joined Sep 2003
319 Posts
I have a dozen Electron 6 receivers I use on planks, including some flying-to-nearly-beyond-visual-range AP and AV platforms. Using a Zlog, I have been over 2,500 feet away and never lost signal with the Electron 6.

I tried them on my helis- full BT Corona and totally blinged T-Rex and had nothing but glitches, even with what I think is smart placement and separation of receiver, motor and ESC. I switched to FMS receivers and they have been perfect.

I probably would have bought Bergs, but they have not been the easiest receivers to find. I also like using the FMS-8 with copilots, so it is a good solution for me.

My Hitecs continue to serve me well on the planes- there is just too much RF noise in my helicopters for them to make the cut there.

Steve
LameDuck is offline Find More Posts by LameDuck
Old Oct 26, 2005, 09:04 PM
Team Me!
AB, Canada
Joined Mar 2005
3,161 Posts
i have one and have never had a probalem with it. make sure you put the crystal vibrations thing on though
P-38J-Lightning is offline Find More Posts by P-38J-Lightning
Old Oct 26, 2005, 09:53 PM
HeliObsessed
Centennial, CO
Joined Sep 2003
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LameDuck
I have a dozen Electron 6 receivers I use on planks, including some flying-to-nearly-beyond-visual-range AP and AV platforms. Using a Zlog, I have been over 2,500 feet away and never lost signal with the Electron 6.

I tried them on my helis- full BT Corona and totally blinged T-Rex and had nothing but glitches, even with what I think is smart placement and separation of receiver, motor and ESC. I switched to FMS receivers and they have been perfect.

I probably would have bought Bergs, but they have not been the easiest receivers to find. I also like using the FMS-8 with copilots, so it is a good solution for me.

My Hitecs continue to serve me well on the planes- there is just too much RF noise in my helicopters for them to make the cut there.

Steve
Sorry for the dyslexia- I meant FMA receivers- http://www.fmadirect.com/

Steve
LameDuck is offline Find More Posts by LameDuck
Old Oct 27, 2005, 02:53 AM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,203 Posts
Guys, Thanks for all the Reply......I've 2 Electron 6, been using on the plane, so far have never experience a glitch yet.
lazy-b is offline Find More Posts by lazy-b
Old Oct 27, 2005, 05:04 AM
Joined Mar 2005
235 Posts
I have the hitec electron 6 rx on all my micros and a shogun,never had a problem!!! I even have it on my HBKING its right above the esc,the only thing separating the 2 is a thin piece of carbon fiber!!! No problem WSE!!!
predman is offline Find More Posts by predman