HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:44 AM
United States, TX, Midland
Joined Apr 2001
462 Posts
Kokam gripe posts vs. TP gripe posts

I can't say I did a scientific study but there seems to be more gripe posts concerning TP LipPos than there are gripe posts for Kokam. Is it just me? I did not go back all that far, just did some recent browsing around.

Being un-employed I've only owned two LiPos, a PQ and a Kokam. Having worked as a LiPo engineering tech in the past I'm waiting for a bit more product maturity (in the cells themselves and charge regimes) before I purchase more. A job would help too :-).

John
nadt770 is offline Find More Posts by nadt770
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2005, 01:19 AM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,939 Posts
Well if you gripe over in the Kokam vendors section it is deleted.
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Oct 26, 2005, 03:38 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
its hard to sort thru the gripes. I have had many packs die due to my negligence. I cant blame the vendor or the assembler, it was my fault. How many others tell the truth? It may be many in which case the products are no good. Being an anon forum how many try for freebies ? How many are here to promote or bag a competitor ?

Its just too hard to know.
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
Old Oct 26, 2005, 08:00 AM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
If the quality was equal, then the number of gripes would be related to the number of users of each brand.

Based on the number of TP threads in this forum and the number of Kokam threads in this forum, and the Kokam Vendor Forum, TP must outsell Kokam by a wide margin.

Of course this only means something if statistics on thread posts are relavent.

Brad
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 26, 2005, 08:20 AM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
I haven't used any Kokam products in a long time, my experience was just that they didn't really perform as advertised and if they did they didn't last very long. The newer versions may be different but I guess I'd have to try some, kind of hard to switch when you're pretty satisfied with what you have...
Sal C is offline Find More Posts by Sal C
Old Oct 26, 2005, 02:52 PM
Glow Free Since Aug, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Joined Aug 2004
1,258 Posts
As with anything, if you fine one person with a gripe you can find another person who gripes the opposite:

Iíve been using li-polies for a year and a half now. My first substantial lipo was a Kokam 3S 2000mAh 15C which I purchased in the late summer of 2004. Iím using it in my SA Groove along with some Apogee 2480s (which were purchased perhaps 2 months later when I realized I needed more than one lipo pack with the 1hr charge time). My Apogees are currently very much showing their age (increased internal resistance, and reduced capacity) while my Kokam is still been going strong, after probably 100-150 cycles.

I recently picked up some TP 3s 2100PL, and Iím also happy with themÖ so far. My most used one only has 33 cycles on it so far though.

So I will by Kokam again.

Tom
tommy321 is offline Find More Posts by tommy321