SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2005, 06:48 PM
ypsilanti mi
Joined Nov 2003
1,328 Posts
GWS tell me why 2 Park HPX and 2 small Naros won't work

I bought a sailplane and rather than use hitec like they recomended I used 2 Naro's and 2 Park HPX's because I have had great luck with GWS servos, well when I plug the 4 in they just jerk back and forth
I am using a 480 speed control and I Tried two receviers 1- 6 chanel and 1- 4 channel and 2 crystals trying to stop it, the only thing that would stop it was to plug in 4 Naro servos and no more jerking , when I bought them I didn't see any other than they are a little more torque than the reg naro's.
They seem to be over loading some thing, they act just like I had the radio off or out of range, non stop jerking
steve ypsi mi is offline Find More Posts by steve ypsi mi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2005, 06:54 PM
But it wasnt like that b4
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve ypsi mi
I bought a sailplane and rather than use hitec like they recomended I used 2 Naro's and 2 Park HPX's because I have had great luck with GWS servos, well when I plug the 4 in they just jerk back and forth
I am using a 480 speed control and I Tried two receviers 1- 6 chanel and 1- 4 channel and 2 crystals trying to stop it, the only thing that would stop it was to plug in 4 Naro servos and no more jerking , when I bought them I didn't see any other than they are a little more torque than the reg naro's.
They seem to be over loading some thing, they act just like I had the radio off or out of range, non stop jerking
Other than something in the electronics being faulty, i have found that fuzz's that contain lots of carbon fibre can cause this problem. Does your sailplane have a carbonfibre fuzz?
The RC Rat is offline Find More Posts by The RC Rat
Old Oct 25, 2005, 07:13 PM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Did you see if it was only 1 of the two HPX servos acting up?
Also, did you try just the HPX servos alone?
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old Oct 25, 2005, 07:28 PM
Crossville, TN
Joined Dec 2004
2,907 Posts
Hi,Steve. Had a combination of two BlueBird 371's and two GWS Naro's do the same thing on a 3D Tiger Moth build for a son in law.
It was the ICS 300 ESC.
We tried several of them and receivers and ended up curing it completely with a CC Pixie 20P ESC.
Just a guess,but I know that each servo draws an idle current and that by unplugging any one of the above mentioned servos the problem went away.Tells me that the sum total of the idle currents are in some way a factor...again,just an un-educated guess...
Art Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Art Schmitz
Last edited by Art Schmitz; Oct 25, 2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 08:36 PM
ypsilanti mi
Joined Nov 2003
1,328 Posts
well I tried a futaba that I had, a 4 channel that also takes a battery and switch for a gas air plane, its out of the Hobico, any way it works with or with out the extra battery plugged in, the GWS recevier 4 or 6 channel will not work with the HPX servo, what really grinds me is I read up before ordering them so I guess I have 60.00 for 4 of them that are useless along with 2 Recivers 6 channel that wont work either with this combo of park HPX servos, The GWS will work with four of the naro or allerc's micro 9 that have 15 ounce torque, these GWS hpx are 58 ounce's of Torque. I have plugged and unplugged until I am sick of it, went thru 3 receviers, 3 crystals, 3 speed controls and 3 radios 8 hours later trying to find the problem

I think you are right ART they are over drawing but the 480 speed control is #### 20 Amps continuous current (30 Amps Max), BEC, Without Brake, includes Futaba/Hitec color wires with Futaba Type connector. Includes heat sink. ###

I have a Pixie 20 I will try any way just to see, If you are right I will owe you,

I don't know why the Futaba will work, I even tried plugging in the extra battery in Channel 6 on the GWS rec and still wouldn't work

Rat They are just laying on the table, I always check every thing before I put them in a plane
I had run out of Ideas and I appreciate any replys
Heres the mess I am working with, the dark Recevier is the futaba
CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO ENLARGE
Old Oct 25, 2005, 08:40 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
ParkHPX is very powerful and speedy, while she surge a lot of current more than the BEC of ESC can supplied.

We should warnning that you need a large current rating of BEC circuit.

A direct link from battery to RX will be better solution to supply enough current.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Oct 25, 2005, 09:14 PM
ypsilanti mi
Joined Nov 2003
1,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
ParkHPX is very powerful and speedy, while she surge a lot of current more than the BEC of ESC can supplied.

We should warnning that you need a large current rating of BEC circuit.

A direct link from battery to RX will be better solution to supply enough current.
well I just tried plugging in the extra battery and switch from the futaba stuff into the GWS channel number 6 where it says Battery and it worked, you say
A direct link from battery to RX will be better solution to supply enough current.[/QUOTE]
now I have another question, if I take a jumper off the battery plugin and run it to channel 6 will it burn up the recevier if its 11.1 volts becuase thats the size battery I am using
Old Oct 25, 2005, 09:17 PM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
yes, this is why they sell items like the UBER BEC and Ultimate BEC, you should really never go above 6v to a RX, or servos.
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old Oct 26, 2005, 07:28 AM
ypsilanti mi
Joined Nov 2003
1,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTEOR
yes, this is why they sell items like the UBER BEC and Ultimate BEC, you should really never go above 6v to a RX, or servos.
Thanks team, thats what I thought
Old Oct 26, 2005, 09:35 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Sorry that I forgot to mention the battery pack for RX should be a speperate pack of 4~5cells Ni-MH or Ni-cd.

Not the one 3~4cells Li-Po for power system. Yet, should disconnect the BEC out put to RX.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 11:08 AM
ypsilanti mi
Joined Nov 2003
1,328 Posts
Quote:
Sorry that I forgot to mention the battery pack for RX should be a speperate pack of 4~5cells Ni-MH or Ni-cd.

Not the one 3~4cells Li-Po for power system. Yet, should disconnect the BEC out put to RX.
The plane we are using or tried to use the Park HPX's in is to small to use a extra Battery and besides I just wanted to use the GWS rec and servos,

I looked up Park L servos and they are about the same size but the torque is half of the Park HXP's, The Park L is 33 ounces of torque and the Park HXP is 58 Ounce's of torque, will the Rec and speed control handle 2 of the Park L's and 2 Reg naros that have about 11 ounces of torque, all total 4 servos, 2 Park L's and 2 naro's with out having to add a seperate Battery
Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:44 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
If the airplane size unable to add extra battery, that means you don't have to use ParkHPX on her!

She come with 58 oz. torque was specially designed for a Japanese micro fighting robot.

Sorry for this caused your inconvenience.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 02:49 PM
ypsilanti mi
Joined Nov 2003
1,328 Posts
Quote:
If the airplane size unable to add extra battery, that means you don't have to use ParkHPX on her!

She come with 58 oz. torque was specially designed for a Japanese micro fighting robot.

Sorry for this caused your inconvenience.
I need to know this

will the Rec and speed control handle 2 of the Park L's 33 ounce torque and 2 Reg naros
Old Oct 30, 2005, 03:48 PM
United States, OH, Hamilton
Joined Nov 2003
1,188 Posts
Mr. Lin

I just got a Park HP for a wing sweep servo. I will also be using 3 Pico+BB servos.

I got a Coolesc A-25 with a 2A BEC.

Will a 2A BEC be enough to power it with 3 other micro servos?

David
dfemmert is offline Find More Posts by dfemmert
Old Oct 31, 2005, 04:11 AM
ypsilanti mi
Joined Nov 2003
1,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfemmert
Mr. Lin

I just got a Park HP for a wing sweep servo. I will also be using 3 Pico+BB servos.

I got a Coolesc A-25 with a 2A BEC.

Will a 2A BEC be enough to power it with 3 other micro servos?

David
are you sure thats a park HP, I don't see it listed?

And good luck getting a answer, my question has gone unanswered for 5 days about using the park-L, eveidently know one knows at GWS what servos work with what ESC and receviers, I have 28 of their planes but never used above the Naro servos until now
best answer I got was sorry for the inconvience