HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2005, 11:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2005
136 Posts
Well another 4 meter Discus on Ebay!

Heh,

I am SERIOUSLY thinking of bidding on this ...

http://tinyurl.com/8gynh

So I guess it was just a delay in manufacturing and shipping that caused the ebay seller not to list these for the past 5 months or so ...

Astroguy
Astroguy is offline Find More Posts by Astroguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2005
136 Posts
Also,

I decided to check out willhobby.com and got these interesting photos ...

http://www.willhobby.com/news.asp

I am VERY interested in that E-2 Hawkeye (white plane twin engine plane with radar on fuse)!

Astroguy
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:05 PM
Belle Mead NJ
Joined Mar 2005
71 Posts
I like the nice fitting of the wingtip with the wing and the screwed canopy...
But I guess we get what we pay for...
There had been threads on these made in china kits on this forum earlier this year. But i don't recall any report on flying qualities.

Fab
fabrice is offline Find More Posts by fabrice
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:54 PM
CaptRon
Buxton Maine
Joined Apr 2004
287 Posts
Why bid here is one already built I will ship in the US for $45.00 plus the price of the plane .

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428918

Thanks

CaptRon
CaptRon is offline Find More Posts by CaptRon
Old Oct 25, 2005, 01:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2005
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRon
Why bid here is one already built I will ship in the US for $45.00 plus the price of the plane .

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428918

Thanks

CaptRon
Hey CaptRon,

Can you post pics of the plane with air surfaces attached? And is that damage I see at the wing rod hole on the fuse?

Astroguy

P.s. Very interested
Old Oct 25, 2005, 01:25 PM
CaptRon
Buxton Maine
Joined Apr 2004
287 Posts
Here are the pictures. No that is not damage. When the plane was first assembled they had a steal wing joiner that you had to stuff thru two rubber groments in the fuse the brass tube free floated in the fuse I epoxied it into the fuse and did away with the gromets . so it would then be easier to assemble. The only damage i know of is the covering next to the fuse on one wing is missing size about .5 x 1.5 inches wings are all prewired with plugs installed and servos all for $300.00 and $45.00 shipping.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 01:34 PM
CaptRon
Buxton Maine
Joined Apr 2004
287 Posts
one more picture

the brass tube epoxied into the fuse

When the tube was installed the way they wanted the fuse had the wing rod sticking out of both sides about 8" and it was not removable. Made it a real bear to transport.
Last edited by CaptRon; Oct 25, 2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 04:33 PM
James
Australia, NSW, North Narrabeen
Joined Nov 2004
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrice
I like the nice fitting of the wingtip with the wing and the screwed canopy...
But I guess we get what we pay for...
baha, those are the first two things I noticed. Nice! lol
JimJams is offline Find More Posts by JimJams
Old Oct 25, 2005, 05:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2005
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJams
baha, those are the first two things I noticed. Nice! lol
Hi Jim,

I don't think the model is assembled, its just thrown together for the ebay photo. I have the Ventus, 3.8 meter, as pictured in the ebay advertisement, and the parts to fit VERY well, including the wing tips. Also note, that this seller on ebay is VERY sloppy! He descibes the plane as a Discus, which it ISN'T, then uses photos of the Ventus ... sigh ... something is getting lost in the translation maybe? Which plane are you going to receive? The wanna be Discus or the Ventus ... for $100.00 I guess it really doesn't matter?

As for the screw down canopy ... I know

I am thinking about casting a new, more rigid canopy that can be hinged.

But hey, for $100 or $200 do you really expect $500+ quality? Maybe I could take a heat gun an gently warp the existing canopy so that it will form fit, or better yet, along the edge of the canopy, at certain pressure points, just use recessed velcro to hold the canopy on?

Astroguy
Last edited by Astroguy; Oct 26, 2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 05:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2005
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRon
Here are the pictures. No that is not damage. When the plane was first assembled they had a steal wing joiner that you had to stuff thru two rubber groments in the fuse the brass tube free floated in the fuse I epoxied it into the fuse and did away with the gromets . so it would then be easier to assemble. The only damage i know of is the covering next to the fuse on one wing is missing size about .5 x 1.5 inches wings are all prewired with plugs installed and servos all for $300.00 and $45.00 shipping.

Very nice looking bird Ron, but does she fly well? Are you selling it because its a turkey in the air, as opposed to a condor?

Astroguy
Last edited by Astroguy; Oct 26, 2005 at 02:24 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 06:36 PM
CaptRon
Buxton Maine
Joined Apr 2004
287 Posts
Well i bought the exact plane as pictured in the add of which i am selling it was advertised as a discuss . Me i do not know the differance between one scale plane and another and actually do not like scale. I paid $299 for the kit and had to work out the bugs instasll the servos finish the canopy and balance install wiring and harnesses and test her. She flys well . Agreed she is not a $500 + plaine and you can see the differance but if you want a scale look alike plane that does fly then buy one. The $100.00 dollars was a bid you will not get one for that i do not believe but good luck if you do .

I have moved to planes that are what they are Tsunami , Thermic, moulded planes 157 inches and up. Reason to sell plane want to get electric fuse and motor for the Thermic.