HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:17 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,261 Posts
Same here, I like the bipe, just bought one of the micro rubber powered cessna's form conversion one of these would make a good companion for it.
scousethief is online now Find More Posts by scousethief
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:11 PM
United States, VA, Toano
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
classifieds as you suggested my friend bought two of them from Swilson50 for 15$ a piece shipped. then another guy had PM me that seen my post on this thread .bought two from him for 26$ shipped.cant wait to get started! im building a gillows super cub right now to convert as well
Chris 87 is offline Find More Posts by Chris 87
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:15 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
3,673 Posts
Heck just from my last post scored me one for $15 shipped You guys are awesome!!!!!!!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:15 PM
United States, VA, Toano
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
is there anyway i could maby get a pic of this plane on its CG from one with experience??im putting one together now and will be posting pics asap.bad luck with CG on the first one i tried ended badly..but daddy aint raise no quitter lol. im new to micros.. me and my father have been building 40 size planes for years..im head strong about getting this little acro going .
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3,673 Posts
Chris, I just got mine 95% built tonight. I am unsure of what I used as the cg point last time so I just guestimated where I had it last time as it flew great and used a long battery lead for that fine tuning. I'll try to get some pics up in the morning if I don't have to tear the fuse apart to get in there.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:31 PM
Mack
Australia, VIC, Mentone
Joined Jun 2004
459 Posts
Good luck with your Acro Bipe. Although I tried with the HK version (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...432816&page=60), I could not get my example to fly at all. I even attempted to change it to a monoplane - still no luck. It was either too over-powered or too heavy or both. One day I might try Jim R's sensible approach (Post 896) of using a Champ brick and motor (or something similar like the HK Orange Rx and servos, etc). Mine now lies amouldering up in the roof.
Peter Mack is offline Find More Posts by Peter Mack
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:59 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mack View Post
Good luck with your Acro Bipe. Although I tried with the HK version (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...432816&page=60), I could not get my example to fly at all. I even attempted to change it to a monoplane - still no luck. It was either too over-powered or too heavy or both. One day I might try Jim R's sensible approach (Post 896) of using a Champ brick and motor (or something similar like the HK Orange Rx and servos, etc). Mine now lies amouldering up in the roof.
I purchased the hk version from someone on the forums without the electronics for $15 shipped and put in a broken ar6400 that I bought on the forums for like $20. The elevator servo fet was shot so instead of messing with it, I just plugged a servo into the aileron port, glued it in place of the removed elevator servo and assigned my channels in my radio. I used the ar6400 on my first build on this plane as well. Worked fantastic!

So for under $50, I have a brand new ar6400 powered acro bipe to bring to e-fest this weekend cant wait!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:11 AM
United States, VA, Toano
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
first i will post pics of the HK GT-1 model i tryed first and was way to tail heavy..i have to tape two quarters on the front in order to even make it fly.it got busted up pretty good trying to find the CG. the one im putting together now is a funcraft acro bipe.pushing everything upfront as far as possable.if anyone has any pics of there acro bipe on its ballance point with all gear and batt.3d astronaut sounds great!congrats on the build and success .
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:11 AM
Los Angeles Van Nuys, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,111 Posts
Regarding the CG:
I used on mine: 1/4" up front of the rear edge of the wingspar measured on the upper wing.
Check my posts from couple of years ago. My 730mAh 2 cell batery was placed in the fuse under the fuse's spars. I used high kV Feigao on 3x3 prop. Flew like a champ! Well worth to build it!
Janusz Jawien is offline Find More Posts by Janusz Jawien
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:33 PM
United States, VA, Toano
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janusz Jawien View Post
Regarding the CG:
I used on mine: 1/4" up front of the rear edge of the wingspar measured on the upper wing.
Check my posts from couple of years ago. My 730mAh 2 cell batery was placed in the fuse under the fuse's spars. I used high kV Feigao on 3x3 prop. Flew like a champ! Well worth to build it!
ahh the acro bipe master janusz jawien!was hopeing to hear from you cause i have infact read your posts very good stuff!im a fan. i am haveing a hard time understanding the part about the wing spar on the upper wing?the only thing i see on this plane i could maby recognize as a wing spar is plastic support on the bottom wing?im new to foam stuff have built balsa planes for years.the wing spar on balsa models are a givin but im having a hard time here and dont want to attemp next flight til i understand better.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:02 PM
Los Angeles Van Nuys, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,111 Posts
Sorry Chris...English is my second language...Yeh, you are right, they do not call them spars but...something else...I forgot....:-)
Please check my posts... I bet I mentioned at least twice the correct CG point - I do not want to screw it up as my memory plays games with me and I honestly do not remember if I used the plastic supports between the wings or those between the upper wing and the fuse ...
Anyway....in my previous posts I stated it clearly....
Sorry that I do not have better answer now....
Janusz Jawien is offline Find More Posts by Janusz Jawien
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:58 PM
United States, VA, Toano
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
sussesful acro bipe madien today!this little thing flys sweet!the CG is 1.25inch behing the leading edge on the upper wing right on the center wing support.i taken a picture and put a black dot where mine is .thanks for all the help guys!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:41 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3,673 Posts
Very nice! I took mine down to efest with me and had a blast with it. Awesome little plane even on 1s brushed setup
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:53 PM
United States, VA, Toano
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
awesome!i wish i knew more about 1s stuff.i tryed it but had bad luck with looseing throttle at 3.5v even turned the f/s off.still ame issue.what would be a good 1s set up for this?id really like to try it.looking for the slowest flight possable with the acro bipe
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:01 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3,673 Posts
I am running the spektrum ar6400 brick, well a clone that you can get for $25 online and then the brushed p51 motor. Comes in at 38.xx grams and flys like a beaut!
RCG Plus Member