SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2010, 10:09 AM
Los Angeles Van Nuys, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,111 Posts
Mathrips,
If you check my earlier posts (from couple of years ago) and stick to my solution you will get really nice flying Bipe. Do not be overly concern with weight...as I remember my was 5.5 oz and flew great even in strong winds!
Good luck,
Janusz
Janusz Jawien is offline Find More Posts by Janusz Jawien
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2010, 02:44 PM
Sacramento area (Lincoln)
Joined Sep 2002
348 Posts
resurecting my acro. I hope to re maiden tomorrow. I need to pick up a new battery. my last lipo got squished in last years nose in to pavement. all the parts are glued together. Not as pretty as it was. But if I give it a repaint you will never notice as the wing never broke. Wish me luck. I missed playing with this plane. It was such a good flyer and looked good too. I still have 5 on the shelf too. I have a new version in the works with a outrunner and a 4X3 3 blade prop. I will probably try to fly it with a 3 cell and attempt to rip the wings off.
sinkinpat is offline Find More Posts by sinkinpat
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:14 PM
NC
Joined Aug 2003
199 Posts
I'm building another one! I'm shedding some weight and going single cell 170.
Hopefully under 50gs AUW. Using 2 "skinned" 2.5g BAT servies and the Plantraco 1.1g servo Rx. Powering a 4.5g OutRunner Brushless putting out 50gs of thrust @ 4.2v. with a 5030 prop.

Should "Float N GO!"

Here's specs from my original that flew extremely well.

My A-Bipe is R/E only and it flies very stable this way. It ROG's easily when I can keep it straight. I'm using an N20 HV geared 2.67:1 with the GWS 4.5x4. E-Tech 250's 2 cell. 65grs AUW.

The GB is a modded/lightened E-Charger GB. It weighs quite a bit less than a 50 motor alone. It's light enough to cruise around slowly at 1/3 throttle with decent power to spare. I usually get 20 min flight times with this setup.

from 11/27 2005
Bodie Jr is offline Find More Posts by Bodie Jr
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:42 PM
Joined Sep 2002
348 Posts
wow single cell? I am getting porky. the only battery I could get that would stuff in the plane was a 450 mah 2 cell.Still lighter than my first version 6 or 7 years ago that used a Mimh 9 volt yeah just a regular 9 volt and a 12mm brushed motor. that version was so heavy it would not roll or loop. I was using a 350 before. Direct drive on a fiego brushless 12.5MM inrunner. I felt like it was the perfect set up. fast and super stable even in the wind. I could fly inverted, loop from level flight and roll. I can't imagine how it would fly that light. might be more affected by the wind. I always thought a acro bipe version of the micro RTF planes would be cool. But they have not seemed to offer up a micro version of a biplane as of yet.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:15 PM
NC
Joined Aug 2003
199 Posts
Yup....She lost a few pounds tonight as a matter of fact. I'm going for strictly indoor on this one. I'll have a few pics of the build.

Cya,
Bodie
Bodie Jr is offline Find More Posts by Bodie Jr
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:48 PM
Joined Sep 2002
348 Posts
well it flew but not well. I think I lost all geometry in the last crash as it only wanted to climb. and I had way to much elevator. I set it up with 1/4" each way I think I recall now it was supost to have 1/8". so it was very twitchy. it kept turning. I could not ddial it out with the trims. in the end the elevator killed it as I was trying to hard to keep it alive. The top wing and survived. it still looks good but overall. not what I rembered. I will rekit and try from scratch.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:23 PM
Los Angeles Van Nuys, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,111 Posts
Just make sure to dial PLENTY of down and right thrust when mounting the motor....
Janusz Jawien is offline Find More Posts by Janusz Jawien
Old Nov 05, 2011, 08:01 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Resurrecting the beast lol I have recently purchased an acro bipe and want to convert it. I have ready soo many options as what to go with for parts but quite a few of these options are a few years old. Hobbyking has good prices on dsm2 compatible receivers and 3 gram servos etc. What does everyone recommend in this day of micro flying? Cant wait to get this thing off the ground

Thinking this:
servo x3 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o%5FServo.html

esc
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...10A%5FESC.html

rx (plan to use my dx6i)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ceiver%5F.html

still lost on where to go as far as motor/gearbox/prop/battery. Any suggestions? Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? lol I am new to this if you cant tell.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 3d astronaut; Nov 05, 2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2011, 11:41 AM
United States, NM, Truth or Consequences
Joined Jan 2011
20 Posts
Hi rc

where did you purchase from
Keep posting on progress of build
jim
jimbocopter is offline Find More Posts by jimbocopter
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:13 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbocopter View Post
Hi rc

where did you purchase from
Keep posting on progress of build
jim
generous user on the forumn posted one in classifieds and I was too late it was already gone so I asked him if he knew where to obtain one. He then took his own personal bipe apart and mailed it to me for a very good price. Thanks again mr flyboy Theres a few in the classifieds right now too
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:19 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
I used a park 180, CC Tb6amp esc, 3 BA2.5 servos, and an AR6300 rx. That's only because It was old stuff I already had. You cant really over load these things. I had ailerons on the lower wings only and since its a bipe it has a lot of wing area. Cg is well forward so I put my battery far forward. If you have the original Acro Bipe rubber powered plane like I had Don't forget to remove the steel ball weight in the front! You'll notice it when you try to split the halves apart. It will come out! Use a pair of needle nose pliers and twist!
MUTCAKE is online now Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:43 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCAKE View Post
I used a park 180, CC Tb6amp esc, 3 BA2.5 servos, and an AR6300 rx. That's only because It was old stuff I already had. You cant really over load these things. I had ailerons on the lower wings only and since its a bipe it has a lot of wing area. Cg is well forward so I put my battery far forward. If you have the original Acro Bipe rubber powered plane like I had Don't forget to remove the steel ball weight in the front! You'll notice it when you try to split the halves apart. It will come out! Use a pair of needle nose pliers and twist!
Thank you, this has already been done Now I have to hurry up and wait
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:45 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
jimbocopter,

I have one new in the box! pm me if you'd like to have it, it's yours. (cause I know that I will never get around to building it)
Keith
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:46 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCAKE View Post
jimbocopter,

I have one new in the box! pm me if you'd like to have it, it's yours.
Keith
AHH! If jimbo doesnt want it, let me know as I will more than likely take it for the right price!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2011, 01:19 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
If he dosen't want it you are next on the list. The price is free!