HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2007, 12:09 PM
Suspended Account
other sites and forums
Joined Jul 2005
305 Posts
Janusz

the motor is gws 50. batt is full river 300 mha X 2cell.

I think charcer messed up or supply batt volts may have been low.
power seems to be back to normal after recharge that seemed to take forever considering it only flew for a few minutes.

hope fully will have time and decent weather to fly small stuff soon!

David
supertiga is offline Find More Posts by supertiga
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2007, 06:09 PM
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi all,

I started on on of these yesterday and Supertiga directed me to this thread. Mine is a graupner mini Pitts and it's looking good so far.

Weight with a 3 cell 240 mAh, 10g UH brushless motor, 6Amp speedcontrol, 2 small servo's on a GWS receiver.... 99g.

Add some weight for some glue and paint and it will still be light. This motor with a 4x3" graupner speedcamprop delivers ample of power. She might even go vertical, time will tell. I wonder if an extra servo for rudder control will give better ground control.

Robert
Rotatorus is offline Find More Posts by Rotatorus
Old Dec 09, 2007, 06:32 PM
Los Angeles Van Nuys, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,111 Posts
Hi Robert,
From what I learned by building the bipes: the upper wing is absolutely the last thing you want to attach to the plane... it is always on the way for everthing else....:-)
Play with your componets to make sure that you will get a proper CG before you set it up for good. Looks like you will need to move the motor forward to get CG right.
The rudder servo certainly would help with the ground control but you can add it later after have some experience just flying it from your hand.
Good luck on your project,
Janusz
Janusz Jawien is offline Find More Posts by Janusz Jawien
Old Dec 09, 2007, 06:50 PM
Joined Mar 2006
895 Posts
get the ESC and li-po as far away from the RX as possible too.
mr badwrench is offline Find More Posts by mr badwrench
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:02 AM
Suspended Account
other sites and forums
Joined Jul 2005
305 Posts
badwrench
what type of problems have you had with esc/batt to close to rx?

is it intermitent?
continuous?
random?

I ask because even considering that Im low on recent stick time and new to eletric power(past decades of stick time on glow/gas)sometimes it seems that the radio does strange things.

Robert--sounds like yours should go good!
Glue or screw wing struts/mounts--have been reports of upper wings leaving.
is the mini pitts new for graupner ?
if not is it being discontinued?

let us know how it flies!

David
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:05 AM
Suspended Account
other sites and forums
Joined Jul 2005
305 Posts
Robert--just noticed that the aeilerons on your pitts are thicker in section than wing--think I remember someone having flight problems from that.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:26 AM
Joined Mar 2006
895 Posts
my first plane with a GWS rx had a range of about 53ft I had the rx sandwiched between the battry and the rx with the antenna running through the fuse and coming out on the top in front of the rudder and raped over the top of the rudder left to dangle...

I took it apart at the field and one of the locals told me to move the rx as far back as the wires would allow leaving the esc and battery mounted on either side of the motor wires right against the endbell... never had a problem since... I htink I have some pics posted somewhere in this thread.

:edit http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=845974

I went though an entire learning process in this thread the guys are great... theres a pic of where my rx is mounted I still do it the same way
mr badwrench is offline Find More Posts by mr badwrench
Old Dec 10, 2007, 02:19 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for the advice all!

I can still move the RX back. Leads are plenty long and it is currently only held in place with double sided tape. There is some space between the esc and the RX and the antenna runs freely over the opposite sie of the fuse from the elevator servo. Currently the CG is at the leading edge of the lower wing. What is the correct CG for this plane? I think it should be about 8 mm in front of the leading edge of the lower wing.

The ailerons are pretty thick but they will be sanded down futher. So far only the top side has been sanded. What exactly was the problem with the thick ailerons? How did it influence the flight characteristics?

As far as the top wing goes.. Beginners error. Can't really get it loose without damaging the wing. I will try to adjust any bad direction by putting in some new struds of carbon.

Still need some mini magnets for holding down the battery-hatch. Any suggestions?

I'll keep you informed!

Robert
Old Dec 10, 2007, 02:35 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
SuperTiga,

It is not new for Graupner but it doesn't seem to be discontinued... On the german website the instructions are still available and I have seen a website which offers it

http://www.graupner.de/fileadmin/dow...ungen/4440.pdf

This german site has 9 on stock:

http://www.cmc-versand.de/index.php?...-4440&ref=1008

I have found more of these on the web.

Robert
Old Dec 10, 2007, 02:45 PM
It wasn't my fault!!
USA, MI, Midland
Joined Oct 2004
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatorus
Thanks for the advice all!

I can still move the RX back. Leads are plenty long and it is currently only held in place with double sided tape. There is some space between the esc and the RX and the antenna runs freely over the opposite sie of the fuse from the elevator servo. Currently the CG is at the leading edge of the lower wing. What is the correct CG for this plane? I think it should be about 8 mm in front of the leading edge of the lower wing.

The ailerons are pretty thick but they will be sanded down futher. So far only the top side has been sanded. What exactly was the problem with the thick ailerons? How did it influence the flight characteristics?

As far as the top wing goes.. Beginners error. Can't really get it loose without damaging the wing. I will try to adjust any bad direction by putting in some new struds of carbon.

Still need some mini magnets for holding down the battery-hatch. Any suggestions?

I'll keep you informed!

Robert
I got a set of 12 tiny neo magnets from the Dollar store.. I was looking the other day and they ran out.

If I see them again I'll get a bunch

edit.. oops.. I guess you don"t have a dollar store in The Netherlands
Headspin is offline Find More Posts by Headspin
Old Dec 10, 2007, 03:35 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi headspin,

No we don't have that, but if you find some... We can work someting out. Let me know OK? send me a pm or something.

Robert
Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:03 PM
Los Angeles Van Nuys, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,111 Posts
Bump!

Just with the holiday greetings to all Acrobipe pilots!
Janusz
Janusz Jawien is offline Find More Posts by Janusz Jawien
Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:08 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,164 Posts
Hi Janusz,

Happy Holidays to you too and to all Acro Pilots!!!
helipilot is offline Find More Posts by helipilot
Old Dec 28, 2007, 08:17 AM
It wasn't my fault!!
USA, MI, Midland
Joined Oct 2004
793 Posts
Cheers Guys!!
Headspin is offline Find More Posts by Headspin
Old Dec 29, 2007, 06:37 PM
Suspended Account
other sites and forums
Joined Jul 2005
305 Posts
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!