HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:30 AM
My Bulldog is my copilot ..
Joined Feb 2004
2,264 Posts
Like90? Hello? Anybody ordered from them Lately?

I ordered something from Like90 last week and my order is still 'In-Progress' (everything was listed as In-Stock). All my past orders have been handled much faster...

I've sent a few emails but no reply. Are they at some event? or are they just slow lately? Or maybe im just being antsy because i need a new main shaft for my DF

~Brian

PS. Im sure this will get moved into 'Vendors'... but i most people don't look in that thread .
TheLost is offline Find More Posts by TheLost
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:41 AM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Colwyn Bay, North Wales, UK
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Have you even read what it says on thier home page?
Minimole is offline Find More Posts by Minimole
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:58 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
I ordered a motor and after 2 weeks, I decided to call them LD for the same reason. Chandler picked up the phone and apparently they just got in and had been busy with the UAV work. He checked and found that my order had not even been shipped. Apparently some people they had commissioned to handle the orders had failed to do anything. He offered to cancel my order but upon hearing the explanation, and Chandler was quite nice about it, I decided to let them fill the order which he said would probably happen that weekend (I called on Tuesday). Furthermore he said that now they were back and so I thought I would like to support them in their relief work by giving them the business.

Now all this happened after sending 3 or 4 e-mails for which I never got a response. So on the following Monday I sent another e-mail to enquire on the status of the order. Getting no reply for it I decided to make another LD call and could not get anyone. Eventually I got Chandler again and it seems that the motor was out of stock and was still not shipped. By this time, I had already taken out an order for the same motor (Neu 1105) from Tppacks and received it, and 3 weeks had elapsed since I first placed the order.

I really wanted to give them the business but the combination of non-response, no updates, no stock and long delays finally forced me to cancel my order. I don't think I will feel confident about ordering from them again until things change down there.

Chandler seemed like a very nice guy throughout our exchange though but business is business and right now it's just not working. I can take any explanation, but I can't take no explanations.

Just thought I'd share my recent personal experience.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:04 AM
Joined Feb 2004
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimole
Have you even read what it says on thier home page?

Strange .. i swear the 'Hurricane Katrina' message wasn't on when i ordered.. I remember seeing a message about the Neat Fair and thats it. hmm.. oh well.. i can wait..

~Brian
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:08 AM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee
I ordered a motor and after 2 weeks, I decided to call them LD for the same reason. Chandler picked up the phone and apparently they just got in and had been busy with the UAV work. He checked and found that my order had not even been shipped. Apparently some people they had commissioned to handle the orders had failed to do anything. He offered to cancel my order but upon hearing the explanation, and Chandler was quite nice about it, I decided to let them fill the order which he said would probably happen that weekend (I called on Tuesday). Furthermore he said that now they were back and so I thought I would like to support them in their relief work by giving them the business.

Now all this happened after sending 3 or 4 e-mails for which I never got a response. So on the following Monday I sent another e-mail to enquire on the status of the order. Getting no reply for it I decided to make another LD call and could not get anyone. Eventually I got Chandler again and it seems that the motor was out of stock and was still not shipped. By this time, I had already taken out an order for the same motor (Neu 1105) from Tppacks and received it, and 3 weeks had elapsed since I first placed the order.

I really wanted to give them the business but the combination of non-response, no updates, no stock and long delays finally forced me to cancel my order. I don't think I will feel confident about ordering from them again until things change down there.

Chandler seemed like a very nice guy throughout our exchange though but business is business and right now it's just not working. I can take any explanation, but I can't take no explanations.

Just thought I'd share my recent personal experience.

Daniel
Dan, I accept what you say, but comon, you gotta give the guys a bit of lax, they've had like 15 hurricanes in the past 2 months, a few delays is to be expected...

Just do a search on here, they are great guys, and have put lots into this hobby, they will certainly be getting more custom from me!

Duane
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:19 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Hi Duane,

I know how you feel. I did a search on them before I ordered and it was mostly good news that I read about their service. I've no doubt that in the past they had provided good service and Chandler really is a nice guy. However, at that point I needed the motor and even after I ordered from Tppacks, I still told Chandler not to cancel just so they can have the business. What really made my decision was the fact that the e-mails are not being looked at or answered. That made me lose my confidence in Like90.

I read something on the forum that Chandler posted and it left me with the impression that UAVs are going to be their priority while the retail side is going to have to suffer and take second place.

Again, I really wanted it to work and to support their business but the impression I got was that I was the only one concerned about it. By this time Katrina was long over, and the search and rescue phase would have been over too. I am hoping to hear some good reports again on Like90 to restore my confidence in them.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:30 AM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee

I read something on the forum that Chandler posted and it left me with the impression that UAVs are going to be their priority while the retail side is going to have to suffer and take second place.
Just wondering, is that your main beef with them? I would of thought puttin peoples lives before little toy helis was quite a good thing...

If they are in the middle of a city which has no power, is flooded, no internet access e.t.c. how on earth are they supposed to anwer email, fill out orders, and answer the phone...?

Duane
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:48 AM
Joined Oct 2004
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimole
If they are in the middle of a city which has no power, is flooded, no internet access e.t.c. how on earth are they supposed to anwer email, fill out orders, and answer the phone...?

Duane

From their own webpage it looks like Like90 is from Canada and Florida. They arnt under a lot of water getting hit by the storms, they are just going to help those people who did.

It would be one thing if they got hit and they had to shut down becuase they didnt have power ect, but I dont think they did. Its fine and great that they decided to go help those people who did get hit, but its too bad they cant find good enough help to keep the doors open while they are gone.

Its good that they help but just dropping everything including pending orders is not good business imo. If they knew they wouldnt be able to fill orders then they need to take their website down or atleast disable it in some way, other then just putting a small note on the home page (I normally dont even read the home page). Personally if I ordered with them and got this type of responce I would be pissed and just seeing how all this is handled might be ennough for others not to order from them either. I mean its really not that hard to set up an auto responce on the email or record a phone message to atleast let people know what is going on.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but this is just business how I see it.

(EDIT: btw I dont know any of this for fact, I'm just going off of what was said and what is on their webpage)
hogfarmer is offline Find More Posts by hogfarmer
Last edited by hogfarmer; Oct 24, 2005 at 12:47 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:59 AM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfarmer
From their own webpage it looks like Like90 is from Canada and Florida. They arnt under a lot of water getting hit by the storms, they are just going to help those people who did.
Yeah, thats what I meant, they were in a city which didnt have those things, when they were doing ther Search and Rescue.

Am I the only one whos going to back these great guys up?

Duane
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:08 PM
Joined Feb 2004
2,264 Posts
I started this thread... and I'll back them up... When i got into helicopters Chandler gave me great help and information on the phone.

They still have the best wooden blades for FP helis around

~Brian
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:30 PM
Wichita
Joined Jul 2005
11 Posts
Pls be patient. Check out map of Chandler's house/business and current location of HURRICANE WILMA

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...tml?3day?large

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...ntry=us&zoom=2

Thks
High Head Speed is offline Find More Posts by High Head Speed
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:36 PM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Head Speed
Pls be patient. Check out map of Chandler's house/business and current location of HURRICANE WILMA

Thks
Now, who was it who said ''They arnt under a lot of water getting hit by the storms, they are just going to help those people who did.''

I just hope they are all alright down there.

Duane.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:37 PM
Joined Oct 2004
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Head Speed

Thks
Opps, didnt even realize this, shows how much I watch the news!

I'm not bashing these people I think its great what they are doing, I'm just playing the devils advocate. Maybe they should have disabled their order feature if they knew they were going away, or re-record their phone message/auto email responce?

On a serios note I wish them and their families the best with this new storm and anything else they might be doing, especially anything S/R related (I do the same locally)
Last edited by hogfarmer; Oct 24, 2005 at 12:45 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:49 PM
Joined Oct 2004
765 Posts
Re-reading all of this I stand by what I first said, and that its too bad they couldnt hire good help to keep things running. From the sounds of it all the problems started when they left things in someone elses hands. In that case it really sucks, good help is hard to find.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 01:02 PM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfarmer
Re-reading all of this I stand by what I first said, and that its too bad they couldnt hire good help to keep things running. From the sounds of it all the problems started when they left things in someone elses hands. In that case it really sucks, good help is hard to find.
Well, Im on halfterm right now, I guess I could fly over and help out Like90 eh?
lol

But if they simply cant get anyone decent to help them, its hardly thier fault is it?

Duane