HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2005, 04:45 PM
that tree ate my plane
oklahoma city oklahoma
Joined Apr 2004
1,647 Posts
35 A esc stoped working

i resently crashed my flying wing and one of the bateries in the 8 cell pack exploded. but that is not the problem. i went to use the esc in a new wing and it will power the servos but the motor will not turn on. i even tryed soldering a new motor on to the leads and still no juice. what could be causing this?
rotccapt is offline Find More Posts by rotccapt
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:21 PM
Master of 1 point landing
Naperville, IL
Joined Jul 2005
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotccapt
i resently crashed my flying wing and one of the bateries in the 8 cell pack exploded. but that is not the problem. i went to use the esc in a new wing and it will power the servos but the motor will not turn on. i even tryed soldering a new motor on to the leads and still no juice. what could be causing this?
Uh, the crash and resultant exploding cell? Just a guess. Solid state electronics are tuff - but you can break them. Easiest way is to short your motor out (like could occur in a crash) or reverse polarity and on the pack hook up.
ImaBiggles is offline Find More Posts by ImaBiggles