HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:19 PM
I Co-Create
Solana Beach, CA
Joined Sep 2005
88 Posts
How do I check voltage of individual LiPo cells?

I have access to the PCB on a Kokam 3S1P LiPo pack, hence access to each LiPo cell connection point individually. How do I check each cell's voltage?

Do I put my positive lead from my DVM onto the connection where the positive Deans plug is soldered, then put the negative lead onto Cell #1 Neg to read Cell #1's voltage? To read Cell #2's voltage I move the negative lead on my DVM to Cell#2's Neg, keeping the positive lead on the Dean's positive lead, and subtract Cell#1's value from the voltage displayed? An similarly to read Cell #3's voltage I move the negative lead on my DVM to Cell #3's Neg, also keeping the positive lead on the Dean's positive lead, and subtract the total voltage from Cell #1 and Cell #2?

Is that correct? Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Soft Landings,
Michael
mjgillen is offline Find More Posts by mjgillen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:27 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,833 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=13

That would work but why not just check each cells voltage as per your labeled photo?

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Oct 21, 2005 at 03:35 PM.