HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
The way you act on your forum post, first one on here by the way, is of a spoiled child.
One who always blames the equipment.
Look at your posts.
Read them over.
Maybe you should have done your research then BEFORE YOU BOUGHT THE BLADE 120SR! Seems like you did your "googling" after you made the purchase. One of those people that tries to depend a bad buying decision (in your case due to skill level) on the product or that it is defective.
Google "Windows Problems" smart ass and see how many come up. You going to blame all your windows problems on Microsoft?
What are you....maybe 16 or 17 trying to act a little older?
There are a "plethora" of people with problems with the Trex 450 as well. Nothing wrong with that heli.
I suggest you stop by future shop. In the front, they had some helicopters. Those....those are meant for people like you.
Smart Ass? That is rich coming from you. Like I said before, you offer no solutions, merely, finger pointing, which is funny considering you accuse me of that. I am simply expressing my opinion on a product that I purchased, as I am free to do in this country. You lower yourself to name calling and blame on a situation you know very little about. It is you that is the spoiled child and perhaps it is you, Shadrack, who needs to act a little older! And in response to "people like me" I have LOADS more character and class than you ever will! I pity people like you!
booforblade120 is offline Find More Posts by booforblade120
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 05:34 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,633 Posts
I offer solutions to Eliminator.
Many times.
Read the thread.
People that write a message like you to a company I know does support I defend against.
Absolutely.
This isn't about character.
This is about your rant that started all this.
Your first post on this site.
That is what this is about.
I'll take all the pity I can get.
Especially from people like you.
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Jan 09, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
I offer solutions to Eliminator.
Many times.
Read the thread.
People that write a message like you to a company I know does support I defend against.
Absolutely.
This isn't about character.
This is about your rant that started all this.
Your first post on this site.
That is what this is about.
I'll take all the pity I can get.
Especially from people like you.
Ha you offer solutions, maybe so but you are SO small minded that you can't fathom that it could even be in the realm of possibility that I got 2 defective Heli's. This is all about character, and again, you are pointing the finger at me, blaming me that it was my rant that started this. SO WHAT if I was a little frustrated at the point when I wrote the first post, SO WHAT! I have had a negative experience with a product and I simply stated my opinion. All you can do is attack me for it, once a bully always a bully! Again, extremely childish Shadrack. You have poor character, no class and you are right, you should take all the pity you can get from people like me!
booforblade120 is offline Find More Posts by booforblade120
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:06 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,633 Posts
I am blaming you for your post and the way you acted. Screamed. Said that Cellar Dwellar better give you your money back.
Here is your post.

Hi there, I bought a Blade 120 SR from CELLAR DWELLAR in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada On Jan.4th 2012. I am an avid R/C Helicopter pilot and was very excited to begin flying the Blade 120. Well I got it home and tried to fly it but the heli was defective as I could not even get the Heli to fly so I took it back to the store where I bought it the next day and they told me it was defective and replaced it with another Blade 120 SR. The replacement seemed to work ok on my first flight, I was happy. When I tried to do a second flight the heli got a bit of height then started to spin oddly in the air and dropped. I tried to get it into the air again and it just spun in circles on the floor. I believe it is a tail motor issue.
I am VERY UNHAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT!!! I want my money back or a different heli model as a replacement, replacing or fixing the current one I have is not an option, I do not want this same heli IF THIS PROBLEM WILL OCCUR AGAIN AND AGAIN!!...I have tried to get my money back they refused..the products they sell at this store is garbage..they should be standing behind the product that they have in CELLAR DWELLAR...

ADVICE TO ANYONE .... BLADE 120 SR SUCKS!!

So lets review shall we.
"the products they sell at this store are garbage". Hmmmmmm.
"THIS PROBLEM WILL OCCUR AGAIN AND AGAIN!!"
"ADVICE TO ANYONE.....BLADE 120 SR SUCKS"

That is what I took offense to.
Where is your opinion.
You are making statements against a company that does stand behind what they sell, and a helicopter that has had far more success than failure.
Is it beyond the realm of possibility....no. There is a remote chance that you got 2 defective ones.
There is probably a greater possibility statistically, that one was ok and the problem was you.
By the way, a lot of stores will give you a money back return....like future shop.
Or walmart.
Super store.
But....if you did your research.....not a private hobby store.
They can't afford to absord the user errors if they took back everything.
Did you ask if they offered a money back guarantee if you had issues? Sure they would have told you the truth.
They will give you a credit to get something else.
An Avid heli pilot should be able to find something else that doesn't have the horizon name on it.
I am not attacking you for it. If you read my first posts I asked you questions and said I was going to talk to Kerri about it to see if there was anything he could do.
So yeah, in the beginning I did want to help because I was surprised at your reaction to a store I frequent and admire.
Start from the first rant.
Bully....yeah.
Childish.
Yeah.
Read your first post.
Seriously.
Everyone else can.
Last edited by Shadrack; Jan 09, 2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:12 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,633 Posts
Here is your reply to me.

First of all if you could read properly, you would see that I did NOT say that i was experienced, I said I was an AVID r/c heli flyer...I am no pro but I am no rookie either...
I have now had 2 of these Heli's and I have never in my life had this much trouble with any heli, EVER! I have never seen such a crap product in my life, can't even fly the thing because of all the issues. I must have gotten 2 defective heli's

I apologized to you for thinking experienced when you clearly said "avid".
Then you say:

"I have never in my life had this much trouble with any heli, EVER! I have never seen such a crap product in my life, can't even fly the thing because of all the issues."

You don't think that is a bit much?
You have never in your life had this much trouble with any heli, EVER!
How many heli's do you have?
You aren't experienced?
But it sounds like you have had a few heli's.
So I am curious as to what heli's have you had success flying?
What is a good heli to you?
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:34 PM View Post
booforblade120
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while booforblade120 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:54 PM View Post
booforblade120
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while booforblade120 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:30 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,633 Posts
Not name calling, just calling it as I see it.
I bashed this store due to bad customer service which I experienced.
You bash a store because of the product they sell.
"Confirms what you knew about me"? You know nothing about me.
Again.
Stop being so short sighted.
You are starting to grasp at straws now.
There were a lot of sentences that didn't name call.
The ones you didn't address.
By the way, thought you were done discussing?
Knife to a gun fight.
Sad.
Last edited by Shadrack; Jan 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1 Posts
Eliminator has us by the balls

I could not agree more with the posts about Eliminator rc, But unfortunately they are the only hobby shop for hundreds of miles with a substantial inventory. I try to aleays go to Celler Dweller for my parts, or on-line. Though if I feel I cannot wait the 3-5 days for on-line purchases, or if CD doesn't have the parts, i am literally FORCED to go to Eliminator. And I despise it!! I get FAR better service over the phone from the on-line store I order from in Alberta. I can call and ask any question about any product they have and they are HAPPY to help me and take the time explain everything throroughly. I recieve no smug arrogant sighs and answers like I do at eliminator.

I ordered a Savage XSS kit from alberta (my 4th, I just love building them haha) last month. Though it was factory sealed, some of the parts bags and the motor were missing. Being an on-line purchase I figured I would be out of luck. To my suprise they paid the shipping for me to return the item and I recieved a new one 3 days later. A complete pile of CRAP that a hobby shop cannot replace a defective item sold.

FAR better service than I get from people i see face to face in eliminator. I find it literally disgusting that they even print on their bill "all sales are final, no over the counter warranty or exchang" Haha EXCHANG, I should get technical with them and say "I don't want an exchang I want an exchange" NO where on their receipt does it say I cannot exchange my item,it's a typo but still. So exchange my, yet again faulty product. haha Anyhow I digress.

I picked up a package of screws and several cans of paint from E a couple weeks ago.(sorry CD, you were out of screws and didnt have all the paint colours I needed) I walked out the door after my purchase and figured I should have got more red and less orange paint. I walked in to exchange a can for a can literally 45 seconds later and they said "Sorry no exchanges, you'll need to buy another red". I half expected this to be their answer but it still floored me. I looked that in the face and was ready to blast her, but refrained from causing a scene and left(without buying the red paint) Drove straight to CD and they gave me a can of red for the can of orange from E, no bill no questions. Seriously eliminator, get off your high horse.

I am dying for a half decently sized rc shop to open in St.vital or possibly in the Fort Garry area. Some thing with a bit more product and stock than Celler Dweller and alot more of EVERYTHING that eliminator doesn't have ie. class, respect, customer appriciation, good service. My girlfriend is extremely knowlegealbe in the business field and is wanting to invest into a small business in winnipeg. Anyone interested in looking into opening a new hobby/rc store and very knowlegeable in this field should contact us, as there is definitely a need for a better/decent hobby store in winnipeg. It would not be hard at all to be the biggest/busiest hobby store in winnipeg within 2 years. Sorry to CD, but like someone else posted a few pages ago,they are stuck in the small shop mentality.

Anyone serious is welcome to contact us on this matter.

In the meantime, try out hobby wholesale on-line, good prices, great service and fast delivery.

All the posts about you are not the fault of those who post them. It is called word of mouth,and if you leave a bad taste in people's mouths they will certainly tell others about it. At least you have refrained from adding comments and lashing at former customers. That was very unprofessional and I'm sure steered alot of potential customers away from you.Especially your comments about your bus benches. Please tell me that that was a child typing that reply, as it sounded like something my 6 year old would say. If any decent shop opens in winnipeg it will be nice to see you Eliminated.

Good Riddance,

Yet another unhappy customer
Stormshadow is offline Find More Posts by Stormshadow
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:16 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,633 Posts
This doesn't have to do with bad service, just something I find hilarious. I was there yesterday and took this picture.
Sorry.
Too funny.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
there are good and bad i bought a semi kit and was missing 2 tires and a rod they told me to contact the people they get them from when i did they said to go to eliminator and that eliminator should be fixing any problams and doing the exchange there but i explainded them them that rc eliminator wouldnt so they sent me the spare parts free of charge now i found eliminator can have good service friendly people but they also told me thatwhen i bought lights there if i didnt use them and the package was unopened i would get store credit this is from the co owner and when i brought the lights back they said they dont do that even though my wife was with my both times we were told they do store credit for anything unopened. my wife wasgoin to by a rc helicopter for me there and they said that if its doesnt work i could exchange it good thing i didnt get one there it has its ups and down remember if everyone always brings things back they loose money but at the same time they should take back items that are unopened or not working within a resonable time i bought a battery for the rc semi there and it came with a charger i brought the recept with the charger and battery to chow them a few months later that i did pay $50 for it they said that that wasnt even the right charger for it and they wouldnt replace it so now i have 2 batteries that i have to calculate the number on the battery with the voltage on the charger to make sure i dont under or over charge the batteries they should have given me the right charger for it as they realized it was their mistake
lycanman1979 is offline Find More Posts by lycanman1979
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2011
256 Posts
Both shops have over priced Lipo batteries. They should check Hobbyking stuff.
kryptoknight is offline Find More Posts by kryptoknight
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:49 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,633 Posts
The red ones from Cellar are pretty good for 35 and 40C batteries, not as cheap as HK, but come one, you going to expect retail tp match a site in china? Take into account shipping, chance of getting a bad pack (have had 3 of 4 not last that long) and the fact that if I have a bad pack I IMMEDIATELY get a replacement from Cellar makes it worth it.
Plus I like giving my money to Canadians.
Has to do with supporting your local hobby shop.
If you can't resist the HK pricing, all the best to you.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:25 AM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2011
256 Posts
Their price of 4000 mAh lipo cost $65+taxes each. Hobbyking'sTurnigy 4000 mAh cost me $78 for 2 pieces ($25 each + shipping and no custom fees ) shipped already. If their price is around $45-$50 for their 4000 mAh lipo, thats more like a fair deal.
kryptoknight is offline Find More Posts by kryptoknight
Last edited by kryptoknight; Sep 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:54 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptoknight View Post
Their price of 4000 mAh lipo cost $65+taxes each. Hobbyking'sTurnigy 4000 mAh cost me $78 for 2 pieces ($25 each + shipping and no custom fees ) shipped already. If their price is around $45-$50 for their 4000 mAh lipo, thats more like a fair deal.
What C rating on the turnigy.
So if one is bad, what is the return policy? What would it cost you to send one back for replacement and how much time would it take?
4000 3s?
You can pretty much get ANYTHING cheaper from there. Nobody is contesting how much cheaper they are. Hey, you can buy a car from the states and bring it up here for a lot cheaper too.

I guess I don't know if what you were saying was really anything new to anyone on here. I have been using HK for years. I stopped for batteries when almost all of them went bad over a winter season, and yes they had a storage charge.
I do get cables from them, and some small batteries for the micros, but that is about it.
I have had a couple of bad batteries from CD, 1 x 5100 3S and 1 x 2200 3S and they were replaced without question.