HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:46 PM
Illinois
Joined Apr 2005
1,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack
You really need to learn to spell. BUS, not BUSS, POTTY, not POTIE, THEIR, not THERE, DON'T, not DONT, and you sure shoot down Cellar Dweller to customers, blaming them as for why you guys don't deal with Horizon, or why Horizon thinks of you as a basement hobby store, or are you going to deny that too? My problem Mike is that I bought a product from you that didn't work out of the box, brought it back that day, and you wouldn't swap it for the exact same one on your shelf. That is my problem with you. I ended up being out 250 dollars because of you. Does that give me enough reason to be upset? As for "POTIE" mouth, at what point do you see me swearing?

thanks for the warning Shadrack.

Take care
walter
hihptsi is offline Find More Posts by hihptsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2007, 05:41 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,499 Posts
Why don't you two take it offline and save the bandwidth for more appropriate uses?
Your points have been made.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jan 23, 2007, 07:02 PM
Joined Oct 2006
127 Posts
One of the thing that causes a small heli to shake is the battery placement
and tightness. Make sure that everything is snug, don't trust the "RTF
out of the box" claim and check it yourself (ie: servos, linkage, blade
tightness, etc...) Just a suggestion to get your heli (now that you are
stuck with it) flying

BTW, my Walkera DF4 and two GWS DF didn't fly right out of the box.
After tweaking with the GWS DF's, they fly better now. Still working on
the DF4 though (I think the servos on DF4 are bad or susceptible to noises
generated from motor)
osiris4isis is offline Find More Posts by osiris4isis
Last edited by osiris4isis; Jan 23, 2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 10:58 PM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
At this point who cares what the problem was. The problem quickly became the shop owner showing how he puts customers in their place. After seeing his method of CR I wouldn't darken his doorway if he was 3 doors down.

It's simple you want money you provide a service. Even if that service isn't exactly what the customer would like. You do your best and NEVER ever argue. Why didn't you call Venom? Why just brush the guy, and his repair parts money off? Man I don't get it you pay for advertising but if you put a little effort into making customers happy you'd get the best advertising possible, High recommendation by word of mouth.

I'm not talking about giving the store away or exchanging the other kit. You made a decision not to help or even try. Then want to pass it off as the OP was unreasonable because he got no service, is out his money, and a heli that didn't work. I don't think Shadrack was being unreasonable.

Steve
swatson144 is offline Find More Posts by swatson144
Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:01 PM
Joined Sep 2006
9 Posts
Quote:
You really need to learn to spell. BUS, not BUSS, POTTY, not POTIE, THEIR, not THERE, DON'T, not DONT, and you sure shoot down Cellar Dweller to customers, blaming them as for why you guys don't deal with Horizon, or why Horizon thinks of you as a basement hobby store, or are you going to deny that too? My problem Mike is that I bought a product from you that didn't work out of the box, brought it back that day, and you wouldn't swap it for the exact same one on your shelf. That is my problem with you. I ended up being out 250 dollars because of you. Does that give me enough reason to be upset? As for "POTIE" mouth, at what point do you see me swearing?
So i guess you can't call the Manafacture to see what they can do for you or have us do . The problem is sir is that you have many different stories as to what happend . You twist everything around so you can get what you want .
We dont make the heli and sold over 200 of the darn things . Yes we have had some bad ones (Verry LITTLE THOUGH ) but Venom calls the shots they have to decide what gets done not us and all you have to do is except that . You told us you did fly it or tried but because you are a novice flyier and cant fly its not my problem . The thing is there probly was nothing wrong with the heli this is why you wouldnt call venom directly . We run a top notch store and our numbers and customer base proves it . Now you attack my spelling thats petty .

The bottom line you should of made the call to venom let them decide what to do with the heli they made and then we could of gone from there That heli didnt look like it had any thing wrong with it from what I could see . I did admit i was not a expert instead you turn that around and bad mouth me just like you did to cellar go figure ....part and par ?
But instead you attack me and make these verbal direa post all over the place .
Most Grown up people would of called venom and gone from there we have replaced helis on there behalf but they decide what and when . You bashed cd in my shop all i did was agree with you .. But you make me look like the bad guy Ya right .

Some people just aint happy and why replace a heli That was not broke or authorized to be replaced that had been prevously flowen and crashed ?
buda2006 is offline Find More Posts by buda2006
Last edited by buda2006; Jan 26, 2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 11:46 PM
Joined Dec 2006
2 Posts
I have bought a couple of models from eliminator as well my first product I had a problem with the radio equipment after one use.

I had the same response, not our problem, we have a sign that says no refunds!

I never even asked for a refund, I was not told to contact the supplier or even how to.

The service at eliminator is lacking quite a bit and if they want to stay in business i think they need to be aware parts and service is available else ware.

I did return but with very little in the way of expectations with customer satisfaction.

Eliminator needs to realized that first impressions are very important and new customers should be treated the same as their VIP's.
wamevans is offline Find More Posts by wamevans
Old May 09, 2007, 02:11 AM
Joined May 2007
1 Posts
And yet I ordered parts from Cellar Dweller, and they would called me to say they were in and after 5 separate trips going to their store being told "sorry your parts are not in". And to be asking one of their staff a question and have them walk away. Well thats not customer service so I went to Eliminator and they had all the parts I needed in stock, and cheaper than Cellar Dweller and even explained what I needed to do to install them.

Any time I phone and ask for advise, Laurie takes as long as needed to make sure we have things straight. Ya Mike can sometimes seem to be short with some people, but once you get to know him, he is one of the nicest guys you could want to meet.

At Christmas we bought a Mini-Truck for our step son, and a piece was broken right from the box. We phoned the store and Laurie recommended we call Trinity. Which we did, and they sent out, not only a replacement for the broken part, but also a work mat for free. We were also told that Eliminator had the part if we didn't want to wait.

Oh ya....close to a year now and that wonder full other Hobby Shop, still never got my parts in.
LHTrucker is offline Find More Posts by LHTrucker
Old May 09, 2007, 09:26 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,963 Posts
You know LHTrucker. I know your story is crap. Either you are a friend with the Eliminator people, or you are one of them. Would never happen at Cellar Dwellar, what you are describing. Cheaper at Eliminator? Sorry. Wrong there. Have checked both places on price. If you have something broken out of the box at CD, they will fix and replace it right away for free. They won't tell you to call the manufacturer. They did that to me once, and it was crap. You pay 200 dollars for something, it should be in proper working condition. You shouldn't be forced to wait for replacements. They have your money and you don't have working product. The least they could do is offer to give your money back while you wait so you can buy it somewhere else, but they don't. They actually break the law when they do that, by not offering to give you your money back. They are responsible for putting a working, unbroken product in your hands. They didn't. Why should you be inconvenienced by them haveing broken things. Never happen at Cellar Dwellar. As far as Mike, seems to be short? Yup, that would describe him. Get out of retail if you can't be nice and patient. Each to their own, personally, I like the security of knowing that when I lay my money down, I'll be taken care of and not have to call a manufacturer and wait for my fixed part. They did that to me too, told me to call the mfc when what they sold me was broken. I'm going to copy your message to the owner of Cellar Dweller to let him know about this problem, you should send him an email at cdhobby@mts.net and let him know you were unhappy. His name is Kerri. I'll check with him to see that you sent him mail because honestly, I just called him and asked him if he had someone waiting that long for parts and he told me "no". Yes, I have gotten to know him and become a friend of his because of how well he store has taken care of me. Make sure to send him email LHTrucker because I would like to find out how your problem happened.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old May 11, 2007, 04:46 PM
Joined Sep 2006
9 Posts
Some guys just dont get it

Quote:
You know LHTrucker. I know your story is crap. Either you are a friend with the Eliminator people, or you are one of them. Would never happen at Cellar Dwellar, what you are describing. Cheaper at Eliminator? Sorry. Wrong there. Have checked both places on price. If you have something broken out of the box at CD, they will fix and replace it right away for free. They won't tell you to call the manufacturer. They did that to me once, and it was crap. You pay 200 dollars for something, it should be in proper working condition. You shouldn't be forced to wait for replacements. They have your money and you don't have working product. The least they could do is offer to give your money back while you wait so you can buy it somewhere else, but they don't. They actually break the law when they do that, by not offering to give you your money back. They are responsible for putting a working, unbroken product in your hands. They didn't. Why should you be inconvenienced by them haveing broken things. Never happen at Cellar Dwellar. As far as Mike, seems to be short? Yup, that would describe him. Get out of retail if you can't be nice and patient. Each to their own, personally, I like the security of knowing that when I lay my money down, I'll be taken care of and not have to call a manufacturer and wait for my fixed part. They did that to me too, told me to call the mfc when what they sold me was broken. I'm going to copy your message to the owner of Cellar Dweller to let him know about this problem, you should send him an email at cdhobby@mts.net and let him know you were unhappy. His name is Kerri. I'll check with him to see that you sent him mail because honestly, I just called him and asked him if he had someone waiting that long for parts and he told me "no". Yes, I have gotten to know him and become a friend of his because of how well he store has taken care of me. Make sure to send him email LHTrucker because I would like to find out how your problem happened.

Shadrakkkk

You for got to mention you tried to fly it can't fly crashed it and then wanted it to be in working condition there is a difference. You seem to think we flew it crased it and then sold it to you. Wrong!

Ya know you need to get a life unfortunatly some people are honest out there and good down to earth people /customers like LHTrucker who Don,t try to bend the rules to cheat small buisness people. Like you get away with at the wallmarts out there. When you don't get your way stamp your feet and slander other people !
GET A LIFE MAN not only do you complain about that we would not play your GAME now you attack honest people and acuse them of things!! petty if you ask me ......

By the way any body see our NEW RC facility at 172 sutherland we gave to the rc community it has 4 different rc tracks and indoor rc car and heli all year around 43000sq feet for all ELIMINATOR -rc/members to enjoy .....

check out our forms and track

http://www.eliminator-rc.com/
buda2006 is offline Find More Posts by buda2006
Last edited by buda2006; May 11, 2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old May 11, 2007, 07:39 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,963 Posts
Mike, or whatever your name is....

1)You rip people off.
2)You don't obey the rules of retail.
3)You take peoples money, sell them broken, defective product, and then make them get a hold of the mfc themselves.
4)You use questionable business tactics.
5)You are not on the good list with the BBB.

Who is the bad guy here? I'm a guy who stood up to you because you ripped me off, and because of freedom of speech, you don't like it. I enjoy cellar dwellar because they treat their customers right. You bad mouth them to people in your store. I have heard you doing it on more than one occasion. Yeah, that's right, I come in your store about once a week to check things out. Prices, etc. You are more expensive then CD, by at least 10%. There is a reason that the bigger hobby distributers don't sell to you, isn't there, or do you have some made up reason for that too? I'm a guy that wanted people to know how you treated me, and treated others. Don't like it, change your tactics. I have no reason to start trouble on here besides to let people know what a crook you are, as I told you when you ripped me off. Now you are whining because I am doing what I said I would if you didn't give me a working product for my 250 dollars? Keep it up, I can type faster than you, and have access to a lot of forums. Want this to stop, then admit your fault and apologize. Don't, and I will keep on going. I enjoy this.
Old May 18, 2007, 07:01 PM
Joined Oct 2006
3 Posts
Can Winnipeg Support a New R/C Shop? what ya think

Hello,

I would like to hear some peoples input on opening a new hobby shop in Wpg. I have been in CD and Eliminator R/C. CD seem to have a lot more bussiness that day and I was the only on in eliminator. Never did make it to Project R/C. I have nothing bad to say about the two I visited...But, I think there could be a market for one more store in WPG...Let me know what you think, location, manufactures you would like to see,...ect...
k_d_ventures is offline Find More Posts by k_d_ventures
Old May 18, 2007, 10:46 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,963 Posts
I think there is always room for a new store. This city has enough people and the hobby is booming, but it all depends on how you run it, and your experience and dedication.
CD has been around a long time and I'm sure they went through some growing pains, in fact I know they did as I spoke to the owner about how some of his staff were so much better than they were years ago. As far as Eliminator, well, I have said my peace, and it is unfortunate that they don't have the smarts to apologize, after all, they have my 250 dollars, and I have a non working heli that is a parts tree now. I have 4 other helis that work great that I fly all the time, but I guess that doesn't give me the skill set to tell the difference between a defective heli and a good heli. Project RC is, well, go in there. I think it is almost a front for something else because I never really see anyone in there, and I don't know how he stays open. Maybe the paintball equipment sales. There is also Gooches, and the one on henderson highway, but they are more into model trains, etc, with rc as an afterthought.
You'd need space, smart staff, and the right relationships with manufacturers. You need Horizon as far as I'm concerned, they are probably the biggest, and access to traxxas, eflight, spektrum, losi, duratrax, gws, the best sellers, and start up money would be something to not run short of as your money is made in parts more than anything. TP for batteries, Castle for ESC, I'd love to see someone pick up Neu motors, and the full line of Align products. Don't forget you are not just competing with the stores here, but with Hobby Lobby, and all the online vendors as well, so you need to be a top notch people person.
Best of luck, and if you find a spot that has a lake on one side, air field on the other, and rc dirt track on the third, then you will have no worries about finding customers.
Old May 20, 2007, 11:46 PM
Joined Oct 2006
3 Posts
Thanks for the info Shadrack!! Thats one thing I have always lived by...do it right the first time. I did own a small hobby shop in Grand Praire, AB (sold the property and made my mint that way)...So if your looking for Align product i can give you pricing or order parts in for you...Thanks again for the info again!!! Keep in touch
k_d_ventures is offline Find More Posts by k_d_ventures
Old Jul 04, 2007, 06:12 PM
New2Nitro
Winnipeg
Joined Jul 2007
2 Posts
Testimonial

All i can say is that one persons experiences can differ to the next. I have bought a nitro RC from Eliminator and when i went to break the RC in it would not turn over. I got frustrated and decided to take it back to see what they would do. I brought it in and immediately Mike took a look at it. He tried heating up the head thinking that the piston was seizing at TDC, this did not work, he asked me to leave my cell number and told me that i should hear back from him within the next couple of hours. 20 mins later Mike called me back and explained that it was a cracked crank shaft that was preventing me from turning over the motor successfully. I picked up my RC and they even offered to help me break it in, as this was my first nitro RC. All I'm saying is that each encounter is Dependant on the situation itself. I know from personal experience that the staff located at Eliminator are friendly and very helpful. I would urge anyone that is reading this to just judge them for yourselves and not by the opinions of others. And BTW my nitro is still running great.
CypherSamurai is offline Find More Posts by CypherSamurai
Old Jul 04, 2007, 08:35 PM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,603 Posts
July 4 join and one post wonder. The stuff that goes on on the Internet.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60