HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 20, 2005, 08:20 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Introducing the Great Planes Lancair ES "EP"

Look what I will be getting for XMAS!!!

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../gpma1165.html

The Great Planes Web Site has a Video of the model flying and showing you close up shots of the Fiberglass Fuse and other parts of the model!!!

Can't Wait for Late November!!!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2005, 08:43 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Tower Hobby Web Site Tech Notes....

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXLCP1&P=3



NOTES FROM OUR TECH DEPARTMENT

This is the radio controlled, electric powered, almost ready to fly
Great Planes Lancair ES Sport Airplane.
For Intermediate to Advanced Modeler/Flyers.

**Additional Technical Info Will Be Added When It Becomes Available**

FEATURES: Construction: Honeycomb core composite fiberglass fuselage with
cooling holes for motor ventilation
Wings: Balsa and plywood with pre-applied heat shrink film and
fiberglass wing tips
Cowl: Prepainted fiberglass
Wheel Pants: Prepainted fiberglass
Canopy: Clear plastic, held in place with magnets, allows easy access
to radio compartment
Landing Gear: Fixed tricycle type with steerable nose wheel option
for greater ground control
Aileron Control:
Motor: Speed 400 with . :1 ratio gearbox
Electronic Speed Control: 30A
Battery: 1800mAh NiMH
Spinner: " ( mm) diameter
Propeller:
Wheels: " ( mm) diameter
Building Time: Approximately 6 hours
Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this
kit to be free from defects in both materials and workmanship at
the date of purchase.

INCLUDES: Great Planes Lancair ES Sport Airplane with Speed 400 motor, 30A
ESC, 1800mAh battery, fiberglass wheel pants, cowl and wing tips,
propeller, gearbox, photo-illustrated instructions

REQUIRES: Radio: 4 channel
Servos: 4-micro size
( -ailerons, -elevator, -rudder,
Charger:

SPECS: Wingspan: 43" (1090mm)
Wing Area: 236.5 sq in (15.3 sq dm)
Weight: 26 - 32oz (735 - 905kg)
Wing Loading: 15.8 - 19.4 oz/sq ft (48 - 59g/sq dm)
Length: 31" (785mm)
Airfoil: Low Wing
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 09:45 PM
Warbird crazy!
new2rc's Avatar
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,756 Posts
That is very cool Carlos

I had not looked on the Tower location for that plane in a while and was wondering how this would look. That is one nice and fast looking plane! Will you go the brushless route? Should be a rocket.

John and Christo
new2rc is offline Find More Posts by new2rc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:03 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rc
That is very cool Carlos

I had not looked on the Tower location for that plane in a while and was wondering how this would look. That is one nice and fast looking plane! Will you go the brushless route? Should be a rocket.

John and Christo
Yeap, the good old Himax HA2025-4200 in geared form 5.33:1 ratio
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:09 PM
Warbird crazy!
new2rc's Avatar
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Yeap, the good old Himax HA2025-4200 in geared form 5.33:1 ratio
Very nice. When you ger her, let me know if you think an Endo and a Sub C pack can be shoe horned in her . Looks like there is lots of room in that large glass cowl . I am down loading the vid as we post . Someone at our club has a .40 size of this plane and it looks and flies fantastic. I wonder what size batt. pack the kit comes with? an 1800 mah could be any number of cell sizes.

John and Christo
new2rc is offline Find More Posts by new2rc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:14 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rc
Very nice. When you ger her, let me know if you think an Endo and a Sub C pack can be shoe horned in her . Looks like there is lots of room in that large glass cowl . I am down loading the vid as we post . Someone at our club has a .40 size of this plane and it looks and flies fantastic. I wonder what size batt. pack the kit comes with? an 1800 mah could be any number of cell sizes.

John and Christo
Oh, just a .40? How about Chuck at my Club field with his .60 Glow-to-Electric conversion. He is also going to get the Great Planes as well!

Here's our Orlando Squadron Thread and you can see the early pictures of it last weekend when he came with it to show and tell....(80+ inch wing span!!)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=228
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:20 PM
Warbird crazy!
new2rc's Avatar
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Oh, just a .40? How about Chuck at my Club field with his .60 Glow-to-Electric conversion. He is also going to get the Great Planes as well!
Here's our Orlando Squadron Thread and you can see the early pictures of it last weekend when he came with it to show and tell....(80+ inch wing span!!)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=228
Wow that is awesome! That is a 4100 series Axi candidate. Should be an amazing conversion. May need a $500 lipo pack though .

John and Christo
new2rc is offline Find More Posts by new2rc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:22 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rc
Wow that is awesome! That is a 4100 series Axi candidate. Should be an amazing conversion. May need a $500 lipo pack though .

John and Christo
I think he installed the PJS 2500 and a $140 Li-POLY pack....

That motor is no longer in production and the Li-POLY pack has been superseded by better Li-POLYs!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:35 PM
Warbird crazy!
new2rc's Avatar
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
I think he installed the PJS 2500 and a $120 Li-POLY pack....
Impressive. The price for these high end components keeps coming down.

Darn Carlos, I am trying to save up for a war bird kit here and you have to show me this wicked looking plane . Just watched the vid and that was some flight with a stock 400 motor!! After the way the SuperSportster flew compared to their movie, I trust the Lancair will be a great performer. Very nice 4 point roll. It is really a looker, and looks to have more than enough room to supersize to the Endo. Did I see the price right at $99.99 .

John and Christo
new2rc is offline Find More Posts by new2rc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:39 PM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
This plane is going to be a bit too small IMO for the endo setup. A small to medium sized brushless would work great though. I have a few typhoon 15-10's that have never found a home.
papasmurf is offline Find More Posts by papasmurf
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:39 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rc
Impressive. The price for these high end components keeps coming down.

Darn Carlos, I am trying to save up for a war bird kit here and you have to show me this wicked looking plane . Just watched the vid and that was some flight with a stock 400 motor!! After the way the SuperSportster flew compared to their movie, I trust the Lancair will be a great performer. Very nice 4 point roll. It is really a looker, and looks to have more than enough room to supersize to the Endo. Did I see the price right at $99.99 .

John and Christo
War Bird??? Did I read you correctly???

I Love to see them in the air but, they are usually heavy and require at least a 7-channel Transmitter with all the computer toys.... "and" retracts etc....

Here's CUBANO with his conversion as recall that he and others bought those AXI at a good price a couple of months ago.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415579
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:48 PM
Warbird crazy!
new2rc's Avatar
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
War Bird??? Did I read you correctly???
I Love to see them in the air but, they are usually heavy and require at least a 7-channel Transmitter with all the computer toys.... "and" retracts etc....
Here's CUBANO with his conversion as recall that he and others bought those AXI at a good price a couple of months ago.....
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415579
Yup, I have gone nuts for the Ron Daniels Tempest MK II. The love of war birds is what brought me into this hobby. I saw this kit and that was it.
http://www.rwdrc.com/RWDRC_web_site/Tempest_MK_II.html It will have retracts, (all three), scale pilot, lighting system, fully sheeted the works. Ron has flown his with a Mag. Mah. and 10 cells so our Endo gear should work very well.

John and Christo
new2rc is offline Find More Posts by new2rc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 11:26 PM
Warbird crazy!
new2rc's Avatar
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf
This plane is going to be a bit too small IMO for the endo setup. A small to medium sized brushless would work great though. I have a few typhoon 15-10's that have never found a home.
Hi papasmurf
Yes, I guess the wing loading would be a bit on the high side if I could get an Endo and 7 cell sub c pack in this 400 size plane . Too bad GP did not make it a 600 size, but it looks to be a very spirited performer.

John and Christo
new2rc is offline Find More Posts by new2rc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 08:37 AM
Registered User
FLYWINGFAN's Avatar
Minneapolis MN
Joined Sep 2002
1,666 Posts
Beautiful bird. Hope it flies as good as it looks.
FLYWINGFAN is offline Find More Posts by FLYWINGFAN
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 03:53 PM
Registered User
Boynton Beach, FL
Joined Jul 2005
402 Posts
guapoman2000 - These threads of yours are going to be the end of me!!!

I bought a world models j-3 cub because of you, and now ill have to buy this as well. Cant you just keep these nice airplanes to yourself. You are going to make me broke.

gotime242 is offline Find More Posts by gotime242
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Great Planes Lancair ES 60 ARF??? MadDog Flaherty Scale Fuel Planes 23 Mar 09, 2011 09:50 AM
Discussion Great Planes Lancair es 60 arf electric conversion with neu's ORK! demetrius Glow to Electric Conversions 92 May 01, 2010 01:08 AM
Article Great Planes Lancair ES ARF EP Review Jim Young Scale ARF/RTF 39 Jun 08, 2009 06:34 PM
Alert Great Planes Lancair ES "EP" Finally!!!! guapoman2000 Parkflyers 27 Jan 21, 2008 06:29 PM
Discussion Great Planes Lancair ES EP Power Package upgrade Nordheim Power Systems 1 Jan 21, 2007 08:58 AM