HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 04, 2006, 03:47 PM
Ocala, Fla
Joined Mar 2002
262 Posts
Hi Lubo,

After these get done I can do them larger....only a time issue Sad to say but I'm still dealing with the cancer thing and that chemo kicks my butt alot of the time.

The Vamp is not so bad the P-3 is a monster in the amount of parts it has in it. But I agree it would look nice in that size and yea it is over powered a tad

Thanks guys, have a nice weekend!
Mark
Mark Turner is offline Find More Posts by Mark Turner
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2006, 04:44 PM
Live to fly!
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Nov 2002
3,081 Posts
Mark, I wasn't aware of your medical problems. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!
doc-e is online now Find More Posts by doc-e
Old Feb 04, 2006, 05:20 PM
Ocala, Fla
Joined Mar 2002
262 Posts
Thanks Lubo,

Been going through it for the past few years. Just when you think you have it under control pops back up. Too stubborn to give in so I plug away...

Speaking of plugs, I'll have you some nice FG parts for the Dash-8 soon they are almost ready to be moulded

Thanks,
Mark
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:03 AM
Ocala, Fla
Joined Mar 2002
262 Posts
The Beaver is done at long last. Many changes to the cut file and plans details are HERE Right now I am selling it in 2 versions. One with the floats and a one as a wheel version.

I will be out of town for a few days but kits are instock and shipping. I hope to have one at SEFF in May if things work out and can break away from here for a few days.

Thanks,
Mark
Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:48 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2002
581 Posts
Looking good Mark. I always liked the Beaver!
Mark Winstanley is offline Find More Posts by Mark Winstanley
Old Mar 25, 2006, 03:21 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
Nice looking kit, nice looking price with the floats..

No worries with fiddling with the gear to get a good "fit.." I like that.. May have to pick one up..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:16 AM
Ocala, Fla
Joined Mar 2002
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Winstanley
Looking good Mark. I always liked the Beaver!
Thanks guys, Mark the Revolution II is next in line to be released. Trying to line up a good wing core guy now. That is the only thing I need to do on it.

Thanks again!
Mark
Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:57 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2002
581 Posts
Mark; I cannot help with a foam cutter, I used to cut my own. I had about a 50% attrition rate until I got the hang of it. Once in the flow I found it best to spend the whole evening cutting cores (regardless of the smell). That minimised the wastage! There used to be a company - Wing Manufacturing? - who used to advertise for foam cutting, I dont know if they are still in business.

Mark.
Mark Winstanley is offline Find More Posts by Mark Winstanley
Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:45 AM
Always looking UP
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2000
2,361 Posts
Well, it looks like this thread died! After all of my hard work drawing and designing this what happens? Mark gets arrested for fraud. Yep, theres a thread over in rcuniverse:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_49...mpage_6/tm.htm

I cant believe his website is still up and running. Anyways, I enjoyed the Beaver project, too bad it turned into vaporware!
FANMAN is offline Find More Posts by FANMAN
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:57 AM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,459 Posts
I had several issues with the build. I still have the frame. One day I will go through it and rediscover what those issues were. The prominent one I recall, was the center section top sheeting. There was no way to get it to conform to the ribs, in the front. I broke the ribs trying. IIRC, the grain was running chordwise and needed to be run span wise. Otherwise, the build was good with a few minor exceptions.

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:01 AM
Always looking UP
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2000
2,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Martin
I had several issues with the build. I still have the frame. One day I will go through it and rediscover what those issues were. The prominent one I recall, was the center section top sheeting. There was no way to get it to conform to the ribs, in the front. I broke the ribs trying. IIRC, the grain was running chordwise and needed to be run span wise. Otherwise, the build was good with a few minor exceptions.

Fuzz
Yes you are correct. That was one of the revisions you submitted to Mark, or should I say:

Arrested: Scott Bolomey, 03-10-61, W/M
1720 NW 38th Ave. Apt. Lot. 37A
Ocala, Fl 34482

Aliases: Ronnie Brown
Michael Kurd
Mark Turner
FANMAN is offline Find More Posts by FANMAN
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:01 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,459 Posts
Fanman, that was some you went through. I'm sorry for you, and others, who have experienced loss. For this reason, I am closing this thread. I wish no others to get hurt.

I will someday finish the Beaver. I dug out the frame and found the other discrepecies. I think someday will be a long way off! To many enjoyable stuff to do!

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
Closed Thread