Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:43 AM
Joined Jul 2005
58 Posts
Would this be a good Heli for me to start out on?

anyone own one of these?

LINK
jondaviskorn is offline Find More Posts by jondaviskorn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2005, 05:06 AM
Basingstoke Hampshire UK
Joined Sep 2005
124 Posts
No. Its a peice of junk. Stay away from this type of heli. I also fell into this trap when getting into electrics. Save your money and buy a Trex or X400 of some kind. I also bought one of these and made the big mistake of trying to get it flying. The money I spent I could have got a trex. Look on ebay for a used Trex 400X. Its the old model and they go cheep nowadays as everyone wants the XL. The 450X is a fine helicopter and is well designed. And it actualy flys............
Darx-starz is offline Find More Posts by Darx-starz
Old Oct 20, 2005, 07:25 AM
No Dear its not a new one
Joined Nov 2001
2,505 Posts
Read the EHBG (e heli's beginners guide) sticky first. most noobs start out with a FP (fixed pitch) chopper to keep costs from crashing down. A GWS mini Dragonfly or Hummingbird is the most often starting place, but there is a big thread on the Walkera #4, suggest you do some research and see what fits you best. If youre going to start with a cp heli just be warned to bring some $$$$ as they are more expensive to fix and you will probably crash a few times learning. I've crashed my Humming Bird and Piccolo many times inside and on the lawn and usually only had to straighten the blades to fly again. I'm not sure if that would be the same with a trex with double + the headspeed.
hotairflyer is offline Find More Posts by hotairflyer
Old Oct 20, 2005, 01:08 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42
Syracuse, NY
Joined May 2005
1,616 Posts
No

NO NO.

A friend of mine has one of those. It is horrible. I got the Blade CP a few days ago and it is much better. He is getting one too, after flying mine.
Hugequark is offline Find More Posts by Hugequark