HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2005, 10:13 AM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,783 Posts
I purchased 3 from e-hobbies.com and Ace sent me a free replacement. With this many spares, I'm sure to never break another one again.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:02 AM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb
Here is the broken TTN thingee that goes around the bearing. Sorry about the quality; camara phone.
Could you give the replacement part number? I may need to order one soon(might pick up a used bike with the same problem).
2000-redrider is offline Find More Posts by 2000-redrider
Old Nov 20, 2005, 04:36 PM
Chirstchurch NZ
Joined Oct 2004
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metomwhou
Just an update, the bearings from McMaster that Pat mentioned are exactly the same as what comes with the TTN. We still need to see a pic of that homemade ring from an axle spacer.
Tom
Hey Tom
Just wondering how you are getting on with your owb on your TTn? Have you got the new bearing in from McMaster yet & if so does it work ok?
Im having problems with my owb slipping now . Its quite strange what the owb is doing , i can get the owb to grab when the speed of the drill is slow but as soon as i increase the speed of the drill it will slip. Then if i loosen the glow plug a bit (to reduce compression) & slowly try to increase the speed of the drill it will eventually grab untill its grabing at the full speed of the drill. This takes about 5-10 mins. If the bike has been running then stalls or stops for whatever reason i can start it staight it away without any slipping from the owb but.... if the bike hasnt been going for awhile im back to square one, the owb is slipping again! weird.
Even though im having a few problems with my TTn & ive only have run about two tank of fuel though it i still love the bike.
Cheers
Pete.
blackpete1 is offline Find More Posts by blackpete1
Old Nov 20, 2005, 09:48 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Pete, might try spraying some WD-40 into the bearing. It might be slipping from having oil on the rollers. You can also take a small flat screwdriver and tease the rollers around. A few may have come unseated, and if you are lucky you can tease them back into place. On the TTn, I think you may have to pull the backplate or at least the press fit to get to the bearing itself?

Lewis, one of the guys in our racing club, has the uncanny ability to fix slipping OWB by just fiddling around inside of them with a small jeweler's screwdriver in between racing. I've never been able to do it.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Nov 21, 2005, 01:58 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2004
1,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpete1
Hey Tom
Just wondering how you are getting on with your owb on your TTn? Have you got the new bearing in from McMaster yet & if so does it work ok?
Im having problems with my owb slipping now . Its quite strange what the owb is doing , i can get the owb to grab when the speed of the drill is slow but as soon as i increase the speed of the drill it will slip. Then if i loosen the glow plug a bit (to reduce compression) & slowly try to increase the speed of the drill it will eventually grab untill its grabing at the full speed of the drill. This takes about 5-10 mins. If the bike has been running then stalls or stops for whatever reason i can start it staight it away without any slipping from the owb but.... if the bike hasnt been going for awhile im back to square one, the owb is slipping again! weird.
Even though im having a few problems with my TTn & ive only have run about two tank of fuel though it i still love the bike.
Cheers
Pete.
Hi Pete,
I haven't had a chance to change it out since I got the new bearings. They are the same as the one that the bike came with, so I don't know if its actually the bearing now. I'll try to mess with it this weekend, since Thanksginving is this week and its snowing here already, I won't get any free time till atleast friday. I would try what Steve suggested, the wd40. I didn't think of that before, but I have a feeling thats only a temporary fix anyway and one that you would have to repeat eventually if the bearing isn't already messed up. Mine is doing the same thing you describe, its a PITA, I know!! Good luck bud, I'll let you know what I happens with mine.
Tom
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old Nov 21, 2005, 03:31 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,783 Posts
Part number AN0315

Bruce
Old Nov 21, 2005, 07:16 PM
Joined Sep 2005
34 Posts
when does the hurting stop.

Quote:
Part number AN0315

Bruce
I am so glad that you guys are here and have experienced all these things so that i can come along and learn from what you's have done and fix mine , anyhow now that its snapped i shall be ordering a couple spares as well.
Cheers muchly Henry
bollocks103 is offline Find More Posts by bollocks103
Old Nov 21, 2005, 08:28 PM
New Jersey
Joined Mar 2004
197 Posts
who carries the replacements??Ive checked e hobbies but they didnt list it there..

Matt
Ratpower396 is offline Find More Posts by Ratpower396
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:09 AM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,783 Posts
I got mine from ehobbies. Since they changed their website I can't find anything. I would give them a call.

Bruce
Old Nov 22, 2005, 08:03 AM
Chirstchurch NZ
Joined Oct 2004
134 Posts
Quote:
Here is the broken TTN thingee that goes around the bearing. Sorry about the quality; camara phone.
Hey guys
This seems to be a common fault with the TTn. I will be replacing mine soon as it already has a crack in it .But im thinking if i get a replacement part this will more than likely break as well, so im wondering if any of you intelligent & skillful blokes out there would consider making some out of better quality metal than the factory ones? By the sounds of things you would get a few orders.

Cheers
Pete.
blackpete1 is offline Find More Posts by blackpete1
Last edited by blackpete1; Nov 22, 2005 at 08:11 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2005, 04:17 PM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2005
218 Posts
Ok, I've seen the pictures, but I can't find it on my bike! I broke mine today, and wanted to pull it and see what happened. Is it in the clutch bell? I have the TTn Ducati.
SAL45 is offline Find More Posts by SAL45
Old Dec 07, 2005, 04:35 PM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,035 Posts
It's on the inside of the engines backplate.
2000-redrider is offline Find More Posts by 2000-redrider
Old Dec 07, 2005, 04:38 PM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2005
218 Posts
Ok. Other end. Thanks. I was wondering why it looked strange on the clutch-bell side! DOH! I will pull it now. Thanks RR!
SAL45 is offline Find More Posts by SAL45
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Part # 6392K22 from www.mcmaster.com

Part # 6392K22 from www.mcmaster.com The item is no longer available. they suggestart #6392K41 with 10mm OD x 6mm ID x 12mm one way bearing.. this part is also fit?thanks!
dhon is offline Find More Posts by dhon
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:45 PM
Australia, QLD, Sunshine Coast
Joined Feb 2007
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumzum5150 View Post
Hi guys,

I have a problem with the oneway bearing thats on the Sirio 12. The oneway refuses to grab the pullstart shaft after a full tank of fuel has been digested. I'm on the third tank and each emptied tank I've had to dismantle the pullstart to get to the bearing. The bearing will grab once the excess oil has been cleaned off. The motor sounds great. It starts and idles perfectly. Am I experiencing this problem do to the fact that its still being broken in and running rich? A buddy suggested that I switch over to 30%. I'm thinking of just changing the oneway with a stock or after market bearing. Is anyone having problems with their sirio 12s oneway. Are you guys using 20% or 30% for this motor? The bike is almost complete. I am just waiting for the fail safe and batteries to arrive.

Steve
I have no experience with Sirio One way bearings; but I can tell you that one-way bearings can sometimes be unreliable, and can often have problems even when new. The best way is to get a new one, knock the old one out and replace it with a new one (a bit of heat can sometimes help to expand the seat). One-way bearing are cheap and fairly reliable at Avid Bearings http://www.avidrc.com/product/8/metric-bearings/, and it's worth it to always carry a spare.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Chickentrader is offline Find More Posts by Chickentrader