HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:16 PM
Idaho
Joined Sep 2001
156 Posts
Polk's Radio

I acquired an older Polk's Aristo-craft radio that has "VALIANT TRACKER" and ARN-974 on the Tx and the manual dated 11/10/94 is for the "Aristo-Craft Tracker 8". It is a 50 channel synthesized scanning and selectable radio that seems to have all the whistles and bells of Polks' latest system except that it requires a connecting cable be in place between the Tx and Rx in order to scan and change the frequency. It is in excellent condition except the interconnecing TX-RX cable that allows activation of the channel selection is missing. Without the special cable neither the Tx or the Rx frequency can be changed. I would like to be able to change the Tx frequency but the Rx is not one I have any use for. If I could use the Rx just to enable frequency change I would be happy. Polk's doesn't have any information or doesn't want to acknowledge this ever existed. The Tx oputput module is marked "Made in China".
My question...is there anyone out there familiar with this radio who can give me a foot up on the following options:
1 - A Tx-Rx cable that will work for this radio to change frequencies.
2 - A pin break out for the cable. It has a banana jack at the Tx end and a three-pin standard Rx connector at the other so it is probably a three-wire, or maybe a two-wire connectup.
3 - A cheater of some sort that would allow substution of the Rx during frequency change.
TIA
Carl
cmartin is offline Find More Posts by cmartin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:34 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
Polks has been pretty poor about answering e-mails lately (I sent many e-mails and never got any reply). If they simply have not responded, or if you've only managed to get hold of the girl that answers thier phone (and get shuffled to voice mail... especially John's) then I would get on the phone and ask to speak with Marianne. When she gets in the loop you actually end up getting answers.
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:52 PM
Stockton, Ca
Joined Jun 2006
11 Posts
Carl- i also have a valiant tracker arn-974 & an 8 channel receiver, however i do not have the manual. I have been unable to mix my aileron servos. Could you help me? Wayne @ 209-463-8858
wr841w is offline Find More Posts by wr841w
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:15 PM
hjukhjuk
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,066 Posts
The other posts are from eight years ago.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby