HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2005, 01:43 PM
Boynton Beach, FL
Joined Jul 2005
402 Posts
How long does it take to charge up your micros? Ni-Mh? Lipo?

Hey all, im thinking abour picking up a hb cp2 soon and one thing that concerns me is the charge time for the packs. Im worried that with the provided wall chargers, its going to be one of those "12-15 hour charge" things. Which means only like one flight a day if i only have one pack.

So im thinking about getting the cp2 that comes with the lipoly, but also getting a couple of the regular 650mah ni-mh's (only like 7 bucks each) so i can fly a lot, and possibly have them on quick charge.

Anyway, so let me know what you think? Whats the solution to fly often, and how long does it take to charge the lipo's and nimh's that come with these birds?

Thanks!
gotime242 is offline Find More Posts by gotime242
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2005, 01:53 PM
Aberdeen,Scotland, UK
Joined Jun 2005
1,309 Posts
hi

i have 3 thunder power 2s 1320mah ,approx. 1 hour to charge from fully discharged (6.6/6.9v),in my standard config V3HBfp i get easily over 20 mins flying per pack,lets me fly more or less all day if i get the chance . I use the cheap little JP lipo charger, never a problem with it cost 14(GBP)
McDanger is offline Find More Posts by McDanger
Old Oct 17, 2005, 02:30 PM
Basingstoke Hampshire UK
Joined Sep 2005
124 Posts
The problem is motor temp. Provided it does not get too hot then you can keep flying. With LiPo's you do not want to charge more than 1C. Prefebably less than 0.7C to make them last.
Darx-starz is offline Find More Posts by Darx-starz
Old Oct 17, 2005, 02:41 PM
Seemed like a good idea!
Bolton, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2005
949 Posts
I have a Blade CP that I fly with the stock NiMH's. I have three packs that I fly back-to-back. The stock wall charger takes between 2 1/2 - 3 hours for a complete charge. The wall charger doesn't look-out for your packs well being, so you better keep an eye on it or it'll overheat both the charger and your pack.
I switched to a peak charger that puts about .8A into the pack and takes about 45 minutes for a complete peak charge.
beemer is offline Find More Posts by beemer
Old Oct 17, 2005, 02:59 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
A little more help will be in the Battery and charger forum.

It will discuss all the types of cells, do's and don'ts and how to charge them.

Few of really fly continuous, but it sounds good.

Figure 1 hour for lipos and 45 minutes for round cells to charge, size matters little with the correct charger.

FB
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Oct 17, 2005, 03:37 PM
Boynton Beach, FL
Joined Jul 2005
402 Posts
Thanks for the help all. I wanted to come to this forum just because i was looking for feedback on the stuff that usually comes with the micro copter RTF kits.

I will be using the regular wall chargers for the lipo's and ni's at home, but i have a nice charger for the ni's for off my car batt.

Thanks again for the help, and please keep it commin!
Old Oct 20, 2005, 09:44 AM
Boynton Beach, FL
Joined Jul 2005
402 Posts
I bought a honey bee T. (so excited)

Ill use nimh's for a bit, and switch to lipo's eventually down the line.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4CH-ESKY-Honey-b...QQcmdZViewItem