Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 02, 2005, 04:38 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Yeh, you guys only had like.. what.. two years? I guess your gonna scrap the CHippy too eh?
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2005, 04:58 PM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
With Goldberg's chippy coming in at $89.99 ARF and a kit would be around $75.00 - I just don't see much use. Of course, I'll eventually get around to doing some of them just for me. What we really need is a kit built Yak-54 to suit the current trend.
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions
Old Nov 02, 2005, 05:02 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Yeh, I backordered a Chippy and am very close to doing the same on the Stick...a nice Yak 54 would be nice...
Old Nov 02, 2005, 07:44 PM
Long live the SHP!
CA
Joined Mar 2003
2,487 Posts
I got to see the Mini Ultra Stick in person at the ihobbyexpo at the L.A. Convention two weeks ago. Very sweet little plane. Nice beefy landing gear (no wire one!) Nice covering job, Servo holes are already pre-cut for optional flaps.You can convert it to a quad flap configuration if you want it. 22-25 oz AUW, 34" length, 38.75" wingspan. I should have taken a picture of it.
thomer is offline Find More Posts by thomer
Old Nov 02, 2005, 07:54 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Yes, you should have..
Old Nov 05, 2005, 09:22 PM
West Chester, OH USA
Joined Jan 2000
1,052 Posts
Saw this plane today at the JR Indoor event. No need for pictures as it looks just like the bigger ones except for proportionally taller landing gear. It flew in the dome during the Noon time demo - it was really too fast for indoors, but looks to be a good flyer. Appears to be well-built and reasonably light without being too fragile. The only change I would make is to add a tailwheel instead of the plastic skid. If you're a fan of Ultra Sticks (I am), you'll like this plane.

Don
Don Leitz is offline Find More Posts by Don Leitz
Old Nov 05, 2005, 09:26 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Mine's ordered...
Old Nov 05, 2005, 11:51 PM
Long live the SHP!
CA
Joined Mar 2003
2,487 Posts
Tram,

Where did you buy yours from?
Old Nov 06, 2005, 12:31 AM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
He backordered from Horizon. Thomer, I thought you were a night owl member?
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions
Old Nov 06, 2005, 12:46 AM
I'm big in Japan
Houston, TX
Joined Feb 2004
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
Nope not really. Spiolerons are Spoilers and Ailerons mixed. You see spoilerons on full scale passenger jets on landing. That is when the spoilers raise on one side of the wing to help in roll stability and to quickly level the wing. Mike
So this is a seperate control surface? Oops... I just thought spoilerons were a computer function on our transmitters that makes both ailerons point up at the same time (and flaperons if they both point down). So is that called something else or does that simply just not work?
Ducman69 is offline Find More Posts by Ducman69
Old Nov 06, 2005, 10:30 AM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Spoilerons are what your thinking they are.. Spoilerons make both ailerons act as spoilers.. To use spoilerons you need the computer function on the computer, as the signal to the servo's is mixed with the tx.. Flaperons sorta makes both ailerons "droop" to act as flaps, but it also lets them move so to still give aileron control.. What your thinking is pretty close..

The crow function sorta uses flaperons and spoilerons - in that the flaps go down and both ailerons go up to create large amounts of drag, which won't allow the airplane to build much airspeed.. You can point an ultra stick right at the ground and it won't build excessive speed.. Lots of fun..

Thomer- Like Kevin said, mine is backordered from Horizon..
Old Nov 06, 2005, 01:32 PM
Long live the SHP!
CA
Joined Mar 2003
2,487 Posts
Gotcha!

Cad,

You are correct! I used to be a member of the night owl club as of October 2, 2004. Since then, I have said, "I do" to a certain special lady, and we call it a day around 10pm on weeknights and around 11 on weekends. Yah, I miss it, but the benefits of marriage outweigh the club!

Thomer
Old Nov 06, 2005, 02:19 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Wow.. early birds..
Old Nov 06, 2005, 05:54 PM
Same Day Delivery
Economy, Pa.
Joined Mar 2002
3,395 Posts
Like I posted earlier, going to make a nice winter plane! going to have to dig up the manual for the Eclipse to set-up the "crow" Hay Tram, I think I'll go for the six servo's on this one Maby four pico's in the wing
mike3976 is offline Find More Posts by mike3976
Old Nov 06, 2005, 06:05 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
OooohhhHHhh Mike.. I dunno man.. That maaay be too much..