SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 16, 2005, 04:05 PM
Reston, VA
Joined Feb 2002
1,013 Posts
CP Blade Behavior Problem…Jumping Blade!

I’m just getting my CP Blade wired, and did a few fixes after a few mishaps. However, now she hovers well.

However, I’m having a problem from time to time where the heli will spin up, RPM seem fine, but not leave the ground in the throttle curve when it typically does. Then, as I increase throttle (not in CP mode) it will jump into the air, not rise off slowly as was the case before. In CP mode this is even more pronounced.

I’ll check the mechanisms, it seems fine. Check the pitch, with the motors unplugged, from what I can tell seems fine. I’ll disconnect some of the ball links, reconnect them, then fly again….no problem. However, it will come back typically after a hard landing, but sometimes not.

Any ideas?
HavingFun2002 is offline Find More Posts by HavingFun2002
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2005, 04:48 PM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
It sounds like sticky collective. Blades are notorious for that. Helihobby has a faq posted on the blade page. Ther are several fixes in this forum. search for blade sticky and your answers will be found.
swatson144 is offline Find More Posts by swatson144