Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:19 PM
plane obsessed
Denver, CO.
Joined Nov 2003
3,849 Posts
4M Ventus Discus for $195

Check this out- it's been a while since I saw a deal like this.

What you guy's think?

http://www.raidentech.com/4vedi4marfgi.html
Cody WIlson is offline Find More Posts by Cody WIlson
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:37 PM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,831 Posts
Check out thermal guys on this one. Lots have been said. There some personal experiences that have been posted on this one.

Do a search Cody.

Andrew
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:39 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,215 Posts
Holy ! Looks like a real deal, but you know what they say, if it's too good to be true....

Were they out of stock when you first posted?
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:41 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,642 Posts
canuck- the search function is not available right now... rcg is having problems its looking like..

i bet for the money it would be worth it even if it has some slight problems... nothing that an extra night of work cant fix...

HEY! if you can get the redback composite flying after all those problems, this is cake and worth the price LOL

JOe
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:52 PM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
6,901 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true-- ya have to ask yourself-- why??
Timmig
timmig is offline Find More Posts by timmig
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:03 PM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,678 Posts
That's no Ventus nor a Discus; canopy looks ASW-ish. If there are doubts, there always is the standard money-wasting justification: "But for the price..."

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
ShredAir is offline Find More Posts by ShredAir
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:27 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Aug 2005
1,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredAir
That's no Ventus nor a Discus; canopy looks ASW-ish. If there are doubts, there always is the standard money-wasting justification: "But for the price..."

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
Agreed.I've never seen either with a rounded edge to the lower canopy line like is shown on that model .....that being said it would make a nice inexpensive "Semi scale" 4 meter sport scale plane...shame about the canopy lines though...closer to scale and I'd jump on that like ants on a candy bar

Steve
pinolefm1 is offline Find More Posts by pinolefm1
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:43 PM
Joined Jan 2003
6,920 Posts
Slopeflyer33 (Bruce) just finished one. It has huge spoilers, but for someone on a budget it seems like a reasonable option. Not that hes on a budget, he brings the thing to the hill in a Mercedes...sorta the "Butler-in-a-trailerpark-syndrome"... Its not scale-scale, but then again neither is my Gerasis DG-800. Not as bad as some would have you think, but you do get what you pay for with things like this.
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Goat Rock Threads
Old Oct 13, 2005, 11:13 PM
plane obsessed
Denver, CO.
Joined Nov 2003
3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
HEY! if you can get the redback composite flying after all those problems, this is cake and worth the price LOL

JOe
Oh gawd- thanks fro reminding me! Biggest wast of time and money ever. In the future I will save for the good one!

ITL- I have NO idea. Forgot to check-

I know its a cheapie and is most likely NOT the same quality as something offerd by other more reputable (IMHO) establishments like Soaring USA, F3X or Shredair - and it may have been discussed earlier in the forum. I remember something similar, but not this cheap! They have some nice 40 size and bigger glow ships in there too- $119 for a glass fuse, 55" sheeted wing P-47 covered in solartex and painted! Looks good to me!

Man, I don't think I could assemble in my apartment at all! 4M! If I lived by Grass Mtn. I would have one of these for sure. For now, I'm waiting on the EPP Fox to come out from Ming!
Cody WIlson is offline Find More Posts by Cody WIlson
Last edited by Cody WIlson; Oct 14, 2005 at 12:49 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 11:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Cody,

You don't need to assemble it in your apartment. Just buy me one and take the cub...

Paul
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 13, 2005, 11:22 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,075 Posts
IIRC, this plane is made by AMD (TFLG "lovingly" refers to them as "Another Model Duplicated" since they've ripped off at least one or two of his designs, including the now unobtanium Slope Scale Zero), and its name is mud in the Scale Sailplanes forum. Supposed to have wildly varying quality and generally poor performance on top of the "not even in the ballpark" realism. The consensus seems to hold that one should "Be afraid, be very afraid!"

I love the name... "4m Ventus Discus". Heck, might as well add Nimbus on there too... LOL. Throw a load against the wall and see if anything sticks!

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2005, 11:24 PM
Joined Jan 2003
6,920 Posts
It wasnt all that bad. Not stellar, and the wingtips could stand replacement, I mean, red plastic? But overall not that bad. Maybe theyve improved their act.
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Goat Rock Threads
Old Oct 13, 2005, 11:33 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
there's a guy on the Sailplane forum who did test one out on the stock brushed motor it came with. It came out to fly nicely. He also said the quality of the kit was pretty good. ALthought the fuse is thin, the winglet tips are crappy, but overall it was pretty good for the price..

-Tomi
tomi is offline Find More Posts by tomi
Old Oct 14, 2005, 08:59 AM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi
for the price...
Just as I said above... --Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
ShredAir is offline Find More Posts by ShredAir
Old Oct 14, 2005, 09:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredAir
Just as I said above... --Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
Because so many of us have unlimited disposible income and can just spend top dollar on everything.
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)