Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 13, 2005, 06:20 PM
Santa Barbara/Roseville, California
Joined Dec 2001
306 Posts
Anyone else have problems with (Toddsmodels)?

Guys, I have had a difficult time with Todd and his service. I am not sure it is the USPS to blame or him. My order is over 2 weeks since I ordered it and he is difficult to get into touch with. He stated that he has not had internet connection for a couple of days. I am not trying to bash him, rather I want to light a fire to see if this has been a problem. I have ordered from him in the past with no problem, but now I am waiting with no answer. Even the "insurance/tracking number" is not valid.

What is going on???

Mike
mike93 is offline Find More Posts by mike93
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2005, 06:51 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
There must be a personal thing going on with Todd because he has been one of the most dependable online sellers on this site.
Rat is offline Find More Posts by Rat
Old Oct 13, 2005, 06:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
Rat..you still around..omg...I thought you got out of this hobby months ago..I remeber a post by you saying so..being feed up with the wind or something..what happened??..
rumme is offline Find More Posts by rumme
Old Oct 13, 2005, 08:15 PM
KLH
Pack Rat
Hayward CA / Valley Springs CA USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,778 Posts
mike 93
I ordered several items from Todd about the same time (2 weeks ago) and they arrived within 3 days, no problems! I've ordered lots of stuff from Todd over the years and never had any problems. Hope all is well with Todd and that you get your order soon.

kern
KLH is offline Find More Posts by KLH
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:06 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
I've order many times in the past and a few recently from Todds always exceeding expectations. Anytime there has been a problem Todd has fixed it in a hurry. The USPS insurance number doesn't give you tracking. I recently shipped a few speed controllers to Castle and tried to check delivery with my insurance number and it wouldn't come up so don't put much stock in not being able to track anything by the insurance number. Todd is one of the very few vendors that does ship insured and you'll be taken care of, Sorry to hear you're having problems but they do happen from time to time even with the best of vendors.

Jim
BrunswickOH is offline Find More Posts by BrunswickOH
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:13 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Have you tried calling him? Todd is notoriously slow to respond to emails by his own admission. But he's readily available by phone. Give him a call, it sounds like this might be a very rare case of something getting lost in the mail. He has always been lightning fast on shipping, I think he said there's a post office across the street from his shop.

BTW, discussions like this belong on Vendors.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:14 PM
Senior Gravity Checker
Tampa, Florida
Joined Mar 2001
1,042 Posts
Sorry but Todd pretty much drives the stuff to your house after you order it. No other vendor has service like he does. I suggest you call him and all will be resolved. -Ken
kist2001 is online now Find More Posts by kist2001
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:59 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,785 Posts
Ive had great service with them as well.
JohnVH is online now Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Oct 13, 2005, 11:25 PM
Laguna Beach, California
Joined Nov 2004
724 Posts
I too have had great service from Todd!
LittleJon is offline Find More Posts by LittleJon
Old Oct 14, 2005, 07:07 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,684 Posts
Todd's one of the good guys, he mentioned yesterday that his cable internet service had been down, try giving him a call.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:14 AM
Naples FL
Joined Jan 2005
272 Posts
Another satisfied Todd's customer. Always impossibly fast shipping. Call him!
Tripower455 is offline Find More Posts by Tripower455
Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:17 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,468 Posts
yep another happy Todd's Models customer. He is top notch - call him....

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:37 AM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
142 Posts
Hi:

Couple of weeks ago I placed orders with 4 different vendors. The order with Todd's
was placed 3rd or 4th during a week long period.
I received my complete order from Todd's first, actually several days ahead of the other three orders and am still waiting on one of them.
Todd gets an A+ from me.
p64m70 is offline Find More Posts by p64m70
Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:58 AM
Motor Maniac
Orange County, CA
Joined Feb 2002
2,875 Posts
I order from Todd on Monday, got my shipment yesterday. Call him and he will get it settled.
10Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 10Thumbs
Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:08 AM
Outcast outlaw
As far away from RCGroups and the AMA as possible!
Joined Aug 2004
6,601 Posts
Hmmmm... Todd sold me a Himax 2025-5300, but he had to take it out of a gearbox (so it was kind of scratched up), and he did not include the prop adapter.

I've contacted Todd via e-mail three times about this issue. He responded the first time, saying he would send me the prop adapter the next time he places an order for them. The other two times I've contacted him, I have received no response.

Several months passed between these three e-mails...

I ended up going to www.maxxprod.com, and telling them about it. They shipped me the prop adapter I needed post-haste. I think I'll be ordering directly from Himax from now on...
Red 61 is offline Find More Posts by Red 61