HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2001, 08:58 PM
Missileer Extraordinaire
Joined Jun 2001
2,043 Posts
Pleaser 3 Mixing Question

Have a new Pleaser 3 and am confused about how to set up the servos. I have a Flash 4X and a Futaba 7UAF that both have fairly good mixing capability but I am not quite sure how to do it. Anybody been here before??

thanks!!

Mel Duval
Real airplanes have long grey wings and eight engines!

[This message has been edited by Mel Duval (edited 07-21-2001).]
Mel Duval is offline Find More Posts by Mel Duval
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2001, 06:12 AM
pfg
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2001
446 Posts
my twinstick has the same layout. what i ended up doing was using the glider mode on my JR 8103. on my radio glider mode has option for two servo wing and vtail mixing. i had to do some reversing and channel swaping to get everything right but in the end it was perfect. easy to do differential and mix rudder in on the ailerons. just and idea.
pfg is offline Find More Posts by pfg
Old Jul 21, 2001, 09:44 PM
Missileer Extraordinaire
Joined Jun 2001
2,043 Posts
Ended up using the 7UAF with the elevons mixed into ch. 6 and 7. Flew it today and it has WAY too much aileron authority!! Need to cut it down about half, I guess. Kept flying it anyway and it flys very well! Rolls were very quick (of course!), inverted flight a bit of a chore (need to take out some of the dihedral), inside loops tight and smooth, will do outsides but not well, and landings a breeze. What a nice airplane. I did have to tweak the wings some to get the washout right. I always do it twice. It seems to me that the film takes a set better on the second time around after sitting a day or so.
I guess I went a little overboard on slowflyers... Two LiteSticks, a Gnat 280 (with Speed 400 DD), Hornet with the MG-1, a Johnny Bee 2 with GWS "A" (still my favorite), a Spyder still in the box and a used and beat up IFO I have not been able to get flying right yet.

Much easier to get a chance to fly than my Hangar 9 PT-19 with the 1.2 fourstroke and more relaxing to boot. This quiet stuff is habit forming!!

Mel Duval

Real airplanes have long grey wings and eight engines!
Mel Duval is offline Find More Posts by Mel Duval