HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2005, 08:02 AM
UK
Joined Jun 2003
452 Posts
New lipos for my 3DMP - anyone got any thoughts?

Afternoon

Well the time for new packs for the 3DMP has almost arrived - down to one pack, and that is showing ominous signs!

Seems I managed about 75 cycles on the factory packs and 10/15 less on the home built creations. The factory pack may well continue for a while longer, but is now notably down in duration/punch.

Heres the thing. From what I see there are three main choices (prob more I am not aware of).

TPower pro lites - 10S2P
FPower 10S5P
FPower new 20C - 5S1P, 3700Mah (two needed)

It seems the TP and FP new cells are a better bet than the now out of date 10S5P (correct me if I am wrong) and are cheaper.

The only thing against the FP ones is that they only come in 5S1P blocks - I think this will mean twice the charge time as each pack will need charging individually and then I will need to match the voltages exactly to avoid the problems the Ion guys are/were having with puffy cells.

The TP pack is already a 10S, are the cells as good as the new FP cells as I dont see them rated at 20C?

Thanks for helping with my choices - these things, although cheaper than they were, still represent a large investment!

Cheers

Nick
NickT is offline Find More Posts by NickT
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2005, 09:17 AM
Joined Dec 2002
2,717 Posts
You don't need 20C cell for 3DMP, you need:
1)Highest voltage under load for your helicopter(Highest performance)
2)Longest life cycle for your investment
3)Lightest in weight and longest flight time

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Wang is offline Find More Posts by Charlie Wang
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:27 AM
Kansas
Joined Sep 2003
1,291 Posts
We can do a 10S 3650 pack for you that will hold excellent voltage under load (and good for 73 amps continuous, this is a 20 C pack so expect a very long cycle life from it, we include taps so monitiring and balancing cells is simple. Call me for more details and best price.
We have the BEST customer service/ support around as well, PERIOD!

Brian
1-800-RC TOYS-6

www.tanicpacks.com
RC Toys USA is offline Find More Posts by RC Toys USA
Old Oct 11, 2005, 04:47 AM
UK
Joined Jun 2003
452 Posts
Charlie

Thanks for the response - I am aware that I dont need 20C, but am of the understanding that the less the cells are stressed, the longer they will last. At several hundred pounds a go, I have not been too impressed with 70ish cycles - 20C may mean I get substantially more (heres hoping as I love my big pack MP).

Brian

Will call later in the week to check prices.

Nick T

PS - I did not mean this to be a vendor thing, was looking for end users!
NickT is offline Find More Posts by NickT
Old Oct 11, 2005, 02:11 PM
Joined Dec 2002
2,717 Posts
I think as long as you do not overdischarge the pack, they last over 150 cycles per reports to me and still going, may be over 200 cycles is possible for 3DMP.

Regards,
Charlie

PS: the 70 cycles refer to some experimenatal application, which they know is experimental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickT
Charlie

Thanks for the response - I am aware that I dont need 20C, but am of the understanding that the less the cells are stressed, the longer they will last. At several hundred pounds a go, I have not been too impressed with 70ish cycles - 20C may mean I get substantially more (heres hoping as I love my big pack MP).

Brian

Will call later in the week to check prices.

Nick T

PS - I did not mean this to be a vendor thing, was looking for end users!
Charlie Wang is offline Find More Posts by Charlie Wang